1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Rad & Coolant Hoses

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Russell, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Don’t know how Russ got on but mine were good enough. Had to trim a couple of the hoses down but no problem.

2. Is it a bike, a thing for riding and enjoying? Or is it an investment, something that you put safe in a deposit box and never take out on the road and risk damaging it?

3. I fitted a set of AS3 hoses and the only r#problem was that a couple of them were slightly to long, not really a problem.

• Like Like x 1

4. The hoses I had needed a little trimming, but nothing major.

5. Out of interest....what is the difference between 748 / 916 coolant hoses and the 998 coolant hoses?

I understand R, RS, etc models differing, thought 748 - 988 models were all the same? As there is a differ in pricing for just 998 models.

Just asking as they all categorize the 998 hoses seperately.

6. 998 has the testastreta engine so presumably the hose connection's and radiator might differ.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris, out of 10 hoses in the 2003 parts books for each bike, only five are listed with the same part numbers. Two of those are smaller diameter ones that attach to the header tank, the others are the small inlet pipes or each head and the vertical head return pipe. I think the differences are how the hoses have preformed bends and slight length differences required for the testastretta engine.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you, just wondering the difference with the testastretta engine, obviously is a slight difference regarding coolant plumbing

Do Not Sell My Personal Information