1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raising Rear Ride Height 1100 Sp

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Turbo, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Hi guys. I'm planning on raising the rear ride height on my Evo SP to give it a little nose down rake (I love this look) and was wondering whether it upsets the handling massively. The forks are dropped in the yokes to the maximum, but the back is still stock. Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers

2. Changing steering and suspension geometry does significantly upset handling. You'll get a much sharper turn-in, twitchy steering, and instability at speed.
    However, and I don't mean to come off as an ass, but you're clearly not riding at a level where it's going to make any difference. Your bike mate, I say do what makes you happy and go for it.

3. Good luck with the 90mph tank slippers :upyeah:

Make sure you have a damper wound up if going extreme

4. Cool, thanks guys. Yep, I'm not track riding or going too crazy on the roads, so I guess it's not so critical. I've been riding the bike for a couple of weeks with the rear raised about 15mm and haven't noticed any real detrimental handling issues. Slightly less prone to wheelies, but that's not a bad thing

Do Not Sell My Personal Information