1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random 'ducati' Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Exige, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Hey Joe,wearing odd socks again,what's happened to the Russian maid.;)

2. Ha ha, she’s in Bali waiting for me. I am already 10 days late. The rear wheel is still away at BST, no idea when to expect it back but I quite like the contrast anyway. Opinions welcome!

3. Life is all about thinking outside the box,leave it on as a conversation piece starter:upyeah:

• Like Like x 11
  4. No Kings Road for me, but I must confess to having occasionally dropped into the Bikeshed. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. In my 20s I had a Datsun 260Z that I was working on gradually and mostly incompetently while still using it, and it went through a phase where over the course of a summer I removed all the paint with Nitromors (it looked like it had been attacked by a swarm of locusts) and it also had 3 different types of wheel fitted. By September of
    that year, I was on first name terms with most of the police officers in north London and I was so sick of getting “producers” that I just kept all my docs in the car : unamused:

6. Sounds like a delightful skip on wheels to me but each to their own in this mad world.:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. 1700C559-664F-4143-B71F-945E1FC619BA.png
    Not a Ducati but it has a Ducati engine

• Like Like x 2
  8. A belt change looks like fun!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Nice Groin

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. More to the point, where is the radiator? :thinkingface:

11. Isn’t it air and oil cooled?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I thought it was air-cooled at first due to what look like fins on the rear cylinder but I googled and it said it has a 1098 engine (and google is never wrong). Maybe there's more than one variant?

EDIT: you can see on this photo what looks like a radiator* just kind of stuck in the belly pan. A bit like the rectifier glued to the engine case on the other side https://newatlas.com/the-vyrus-987-c3-4vv-the-worlds-most-powerful-production-motorcycle/13975/

It's hardly an elegant packaging solution. More like the sort of thing some bloke from Derby who has a Rottweiler on a piece of rope in his back garden would do with a Fireblade, and then send the photos in to Back Street Heroes hoping they'll drape a bored looking model over it and put it in the centrefold

*EDIT 2: That radiator might actually be an intercooler as I just read that the bike is supercharged.

#3314 Zhed46, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Another one, but they do use air cooled engines: https://www.vyrus.it/specifics-984/

15. I like them, a lot, but....they do look a bit like someone has just pulled the fairings off a super bike and left it "as is"

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. That's quite possibly the fugliest bike I've ever had the misfortune to see:eek:

17. I actually quite like the raw technology of it, but think what they could achieve with a set of winglets by the air tubes?

#3320 Darkness, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information