1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Or Interesting News Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DucatiScud, Jul 4, 2021.

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  1. Everyone has heard the gerbil & tube story. Its weirdest, because people do this because they like it...

2. I was once flying on a Boeing 707 (that ages me) and an engine fell off somewhere over the gulf of Thailand, we had to return.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 4
  3. Similar to the outcome of Barcelona’s famous architect Antoni Gaudi

Hit by a tram while crossing the road.
    At the latter period of his life Gaudí was generally shabbily dressed and quite unkempt in his appearance. He was not carrying any identification papers and he was not recognized by anyone at the scene of the accident.

He was so shabby that local Barcelona taxi drivers refused to take the injured 'tramp' to hospital. The taxi drivers at the scene were later fined by the Barcelona police for their actions.

So Gaudí was taken to a Barcelona hospital for the poor called Antic Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau. It was - and still is - located the Raval district of Barcelona's old city Ciutat Vella - quite near to Las Ramblas street. At the hospital Guadi was not recognised either and the great architect was given a bed with the indigent patients where he later died of his injuries

Moral of the story, don’t go round looking like a tramp!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Would have been good to see footage of how the whole thing unfolded, like how did a scenario develop to a point where the "visitor's" mate felt he needed to punch the farmer, and why the car driver refused to move his car. I'm sure someone will be along to defend these two soon. ;)

5. Most probably that bit was edited out, it seems odd that the car isn’t just parked at the entrance but right inside the threshold. More to it than just some ‘townie’ blocking an entrance, hopefully the farmer doesn’t do ‘time’ for the incident. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Threads merged

7. Or a universal health care system that’s free at point of need.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information