1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Or Interesting News Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DucatiScud, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Yes and the parking clowns would have had a difficult time explaining the knackered tyres to the owner who presumably had paid them to look after the car...

2. #43 Chris, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 61-year-old over the limit 2022

Report by BBC Isle of Man.

A TT fan, visiting from Australia, has been fined and banned from the roads after losing control of his motorcycle after drinking alcohol.

Peter Gillan admitted driving over the limit, and without insurance, on the Isle of Man's Mountain Road on Tuesday.

The 61-year-old was arrested after crashing his bike by Keppel Gate.

Magistrates handed him a £1,755 fine for the "unfortunate" matter and banned him from driving in the Isle of Man and the UK for two years.

The court heard Gillan lost control and suffered a minor injury in the incident at about 7.50pm.

When police arrived he failed a routine breath test and was arrested.

He claimed he had purchased the bike in Australia but had not understood that it was he, rather than the bike, which needed to be insured - contrary to rules in his home country.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle...tt-fan-fined-after-crashing-near-keppel-gate/

4. I think it’s gone from simmering to boiling point now and I bet there flight has no delays :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anyone that wants the lefty lawyers to win that one (and they usually do, unfortunately) needs a dry bumming. This cross channel shit has to stop. End of.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wouldn't think it was necessarily always "lefty" lawyers Mary, up to you of course but for me, best not to generalise. Some of my best friends are Tories ;) As you've nailed your flag to the post, have to say, if it's for genuine humanitarian reasons (whatever that even means in broad-speak these days) then people ought to come here (moo) but when I see the people on our streets, the length of the island that we aren't helping enough as it is, I can't help but wonder, is France really that bad a place to stay? These people, they have risked their lives to get away from... France. :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Forget the humanitarian stuff. These are economic migrants. Zero security checks. 90% young men. Soon to be disillusioned and coming to a city centre near you.
    Every city in Europe is fucked with this nonsense. I recently took the Mrs to Brussels for a weekend break. Thought I was going to have to go full Rambo when accosted by 3 greasy shit heads inquiring about the watch I was wearing. Luckily came to nothing. They’d have hammered me….

8. They leave France because they want cod and chips and not snails and frogs, can’t say I blame them :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information