1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Rear Brake Disc Thickness 999??

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Phil D, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Looking at a disc replacement, wavy discs front and back.....the rear one is my concern. The original thickness was 4.5mm as per factory sizing, worn down to 4.2mm still easily within limits but the last owner had put new pads in which now clash with the worn unworn section; consequently the rear brake isn't the best. Looking online the thickness of all the replacements are 4mm??? Whilst I realise unsprung weight has to be reduced just seems wrong to have a disc 0.5mm thinner to start with.....any comments appreciated
    cheers Phil D

2. it can be just me if you like but i cant stand those wavy discs...upgrade to some proper brembo HPK ones..5.5mm

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I find the front wavy things beast of brakes and prefer the look but each to their own.....The rear Brembo is 4mm got a reply this morning so still confused with this.....bike below
    IMG_20190101_222003.jpg

4. Standard response #17: do they have a rear brake?

5. Thread moved

6. Yes they do have a rear brake - not that you would notice tho ,

7. yep get rear brake programme on here...….but if I'm not hammering it or in Towns etc I use it....so it would be useful it if was responsive....wondered if anyone else has found a 4.5mm or 5mm REAR brake disc...plenty of front ones....

8. Hey thanks for the reply and I had seen this company but two things put me off.....one the price, two the States import duties, fees etc and possible hassle....but being cast iron full floating does tick all the boxes big time....I'll have another look
    Cheers

9. @Phil D These guys advertise cheap UK shipping: https://www.bikehps.com/braketech/braketech_discs_rear_floater_steel_iron.html

Low UK pricing from HPS
    Buy high-quality US made products with confidence from us as there are no hidden costs and HPS prices always include:

• EU/EC tariff import duty & UK VAT
    • Shipping from the USA to the UK
    • Return USA postage if servicing required

These can add costs of over £200 on a pair of discs if independently imported. You can verify the import costs at www.ductycalculator.com

10. Impressed my man..... Useful information indeed..... Thanks for the effort etc... Regards phil

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information