1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Brake Sticking, Intermittent.

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by coldrobba, May 24, 2017.

1. Ok, adjusting the lever worked for a while, but it does still stick a little from time to time. It must be the rear master cylinder which i am replacing and is on order. Because i will have all this apart, i'm looking at replacing the hoses with braided versions. Has anyone done this and noticed any difference?

2. Yes iv replaced mine with hel lines. Difference? Yes, they look great in red.

3. Did you get the lines that fit a Paul Smart? I don't think they list any other versions for our model of bikes.

4. I had them made. A local bike shop that makes hel lines came around and custom made a set to fit my uprated callipers, he also made a matching clutch line .

#24 idrinkbeer, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  5. Good news, the new rear master cylinder fixed it. Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

idrinkbeer, I'm looking into those lines!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hmm same problem here, rear brake fine free when cold ie garage but sticky when applied after use. Pads free, newish too, caliper pistons spotless and move in and out easily, 3mm+ in rear brake pedal, brake fluid new last year October, clean and not over filled, master cylinder was full of shite before I cleaned it last year as in operating rod. This has worked fine through the colder months but now brake is working fine but slow to return when the bikes been used...... Thinking of replacing master cylinder, flexi tube etc.... Anyone else had this problem???? Cheers chaps

Do Not Sell My Personal Information