1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Rear Brake Switch 53940031b

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Stu848, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Afternoon, I just completely a full overhaul/clean and added a few things I've acquired over the year to get her ready for the Spain trip in a few weeks.. I have no bolts left so I believe that meant it went well :joy:

Getting her MOT'd tomorrow and just do a quick check on everything and the pin in the rear brake switch is sticking ffs... I have added new rearsets but even with it removed from bike it sticks when I press it so its not the angle on the new rearsets.

Anyone have one that they don't need or have as a spare and willing to post tomorrow as im looking at end of week before I can get one going off delivery options online as everywhere is shut.

Few pics to improve the thread.

Stu. IMG_8377.JPG

IMG_8370.JPG IMG_8364.JPG IMG_8360.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1

2. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263477025521

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Hi Stu, nice rear sets. ;)

Brake light is £22.06p (inc VAT) from Snells new. Its the same as 1299 part no. I know as ive just replaced mine. :)

4. I saw that but I was relying on the seller posting it immediately and not waiting till end of week to getting round to it which I have had a few times.

Im putting 2 and 2 together and guessing that its your eBay account, as Bootsam has said they are £22 new so £19 for a second hand isn't really worth the risk of the same happening again if you get me. :upyeah:

Thanks for the reply/offer, I was hoping someone local was gonna chirp up with one to be honest. haha.

Stu.

5. cheers, the part number does about 20 bikes or so. :upyeah:

Yeh love the rear sets, just got to get out on it and sort out the lever heights as the last owner had size 4 feet with 22inch inside legs I think :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I also got it next day Stu. Next day.

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. Before splashing out on a new one, you could try soaking it in wd40. Sometimes works...
    In the meantime i’ll Go through my box of spares.

Ian

8. Or, if you need something quicker, buy a banjo brake switch and splice it into the connector on the knackered switch. They work a treat.
    I fitted one to my front brake master but then moved it onto the L/H brake caliper to get it out of the way. Still works well down there. About half lever pull to activate the light.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information