1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Rear Hub Maintenance

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by lee montague, Jul 2, 2022.

1. That's the one where the rear shock connects to swingarm.

2. Ah OK cool, thanks. I know where that is... :blush:

3. Is there also a drain hole under the hub? I thought that there was...

The one under the lower rear shock mount is woefully narrow and gets blocked so easily. Only able to clear that with the rear wheel removed and a tool I made out of a jumbo paperclip.

4. yes there is but usually blocked, luckily easy to clear unlike the one you mention..
    last time my shock was out I opened that up to a 6mm hole and so far its been clear, must be just big enough to let the debris through

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. [​IMG]
    Yes, Dirt does accumulate in there. This is at the recent 45,000 mile service.
    I put 143,000 miles on a VFR800 with a very similarly designed SSSA.
    I would pull it apart every 4 years or so.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I cut a piece of hose with a notch in each end to fill the gap by the header.

7. After cleaning those drain holes out for the first time in 50k, I'm pleased to say that after every ride in the rain the bike is now leaving a little puddle by the rear wheel. :D

8. I haven’t stripped the hub yet but i noticed water by the shock when I washed the bike so I just blasted it with an air line I’ll open the hole up at a later date

9. similar issues with the Panigale ( 11/1299 ) as i had to do mine after the rear disk bolts decided to take a journey in to the hub circlip, the swing arm was very dirty inside etc

Do Not Sell My Personal Information