1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 Hyperstrada Rear Hugger Questions

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Dibble, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Gents

1. Just had a 939 Hyperstrada delivered but there is no hugger fitted, does anyone know from which models in the Hyper range I can use a hugger from before I hit ebay ?

2. Does the rear wheel need to come out to fit the hugger ?

3. Anyone got one spare they want rid of at a sensible price ?

Commuting without one will be a mare !!!

2. Here's my 939 Hyper with standard hugger. The 3rd screw (highlighted) is obscured by the wheel. I have more pics if you need them. I'll look up the Hyper part number for you in a minute...

Oh, and all it does it keep road crap off the shock. I popped a tail tidy on and it's useless as a crap-guard! I'd keep the standard hanger in place if you're commuting! Tail tidy looks good though;)

Screenshot_20210803-120858.png

3. Cheers, that makes sense, have found one on eBay, do you know the bolt sizes for 2 sides ? looks like the top middle one is still in situ in the swingarm .... I may be able to use a bolt and thereby get easier access ...

You're a star

4. Hyper939 'rear mudguard' is 56510431A. The Hyperstrada one may be different - the front mudguard is - so worth checking. The screws (3) are 77214411BA...

5. M4 I think. I'll check, as I think I have a spare somewhere...

6. PM me your address - I bought 10 when I lost one, so I can pop a couple in the post...

7. Update: they're M5 - all three are the same screw.

PXL_20210803_115725456.jpg

8. You star, excellent, have PM'd you.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information