1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Rear Mudguard

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by jcmental, Apr 2, 2014.

1. I prefer the look off, but run with it on now I have a carbon one fitted, because I believe it does keep the bike much cleaner. Two up in the rain and the pillion gets lots of crap thrown up on there back with no crud catcher fitted

2. I'm the weird one that actually likes the look of it on. Makes it look like a tool, which the multistrada is.

3. Agree I must be weird also. Not a great fan of tail tidies either.

4. I'm not the only weirdo in the village! :D

5. take it off and use the small black plastic screws for number plates to fill the holes

6. Ok gents....post the pics and do a poll.

7. I must admit mines never been fitted, it's wrapped up I a box as it was taken off since day one.

The back end does get covered in road shite though even though I have a longish carbon hugger fitted, I always thought it was the pr3's tread design that flicked more up

8. I had the larger hugger fitted for the first 2 years, then swapped to the smaller one, and also removed the rear crud catcher.
    In reality the wife doesn't get any dirtier (on the bike !), the main thing is having the top box and / or panniers on.

On the new bike, the crud catcher was the first thing to be removed.
    For those of you with a top box, the little black plastic plugs you removed to fit the top box mount fit perfectly into the bolt holes left in the swinging arm :)

9. It's not just a question of how dirty the bike does or doesn't get, without the guards grit and gravel are being 'fired' at more areas of the bike that would otherwise be protected - it'll take time/lots of miles but the differences will become apparent. As I already said, a big factor is the type of roads you ride.

:D .....well imho my bike looks pretty damn good, crud catcher, hugger and all :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Andy, I like the black belly pans. Did you get them powder coated or are they the Pikes Peaks ones?

11. OE items powder coated, doesn't cost a lot. Just stripped the bottom piece and had it redone as it was starting to look a bit tatty after 14,000 or so miles - stone/gravel strikes / chips. Local guy charged me a tenner :D

12. Can you give a link where to pick up one of these huggers ? Thanks

13. I bought carbon parts from a number of different sources, pretty sure the hugger was from CDT:
    Carbon Design Team website: FullSix carbon fiber parts
    Uk resellers:
    Carbon trader web site - Ducati Carbon Parts & more!
    and Moto Rapido Ducati Dealer in Hampshire

I can also recommend....
    Carbonworld.de
    Quote this code for 10% discount
    and free shipping (central Europe only):
    MTS1200INFO

.....and of course not to forget Steve Thomas of this parish (@Conquest Carbon), UK retailer and great service :D - if I recall there's details of discounts for forum members somewhere ;-)
    HOME | Conquest Carbon

More on my bike (still missed :confused:)
    Motorcycle Info Pages -

'How to' & FAQs > Andy's Custom MTS1200 bits! P1

and
    Motorcycle Info Pages -

'How to' & FAQs > Andy's Custom MTS1200 bits! P2

14. Excellent. Thanks for that.

15. I got carbon long hugger and carbon rear deflector think they look well better than plain ones and touratech do lower number plate deflector to stop water flicking up onto top box do lots of two up touring and water over pillions legs was big prob don't like rain lol but no choice if you blasting down Italy and torrential monsoon hits like riding through a river ,did see two beemers fully kitted out in Ewan and Charlie gear hiding under shop front though made us all laugh as we rode past

16. Just checked the TT website, they list the number plate deflector as only suitable up to 2014 models. :pensive:

Also have the same problem with long hugger. However, I've had an email from Bojan at FullSIX that says they will have a long hugger available in 5 weeks from now:-

"We are now in the making of the new DVT Multistrada. The long version will also be available but you will have to be patient at least another 5 weeks."

17. Mine is 2013 gt model apparently putting on side panniers helps a lot as well forget where I got my hugger from but really big now not much of gap between hugger and rear deflector

Do Not Sell My Personal Information