1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Rear Peg Removal

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Jelley, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Hi all,
    Quick one hopefully, picked my V2 a few weeks back and loving it,
    I want to remove the rear pegs but I think I've read somewhere I need
    to fit spacers in their place, is this true? and if so does anyone have a link
    to said spacers?
    Many thanks
    Russ

2. Yeah the footpegs also double up as the spacers for the heat shielding. Do some fishing around on here for possible spacer dimensions. Typically if you measure what comes off and find something that’s equally the same size, or can be modified to fit then that’s your answer.... I used some alloy spacers on my 959 that I turned down on a lathe:cool:

3. You can get the spacers from Ducati. Otherwise just use a stack of steel washers to the requisite thickness on each of the two bolts.

4. I was going to remove my 899 rear pegs today, until I realised yesterday you need spacers in their place for the exhaust shield. I don't have any washers to hand and would prefer to get the dedicated part, but can't see it on the official spare parts catalogue. Does anyone know the part number for these spacers?

5. Spacers should come with the bike. At least they did for mine.
    Quite thick aluminium washers.

I haven´t specially ordered any spacers so if they dont come stock with the bike they must come with the single seat plastic which i find unlikely.

Have a look around all the boxes you got from the dealer mate.

6. Unfortunately I'm not the first owner, it's a 2014 model I just got this week (my first Ducati). The bike is stock, apart from seat cowl (was already fitted) and some crash bobbins. All the dealer had with the bike was the pillion seat, wallet with manual, service book, etc, and toolkit.

I've done a bit more digging around and can't see these spacers on the 1199 parts catalogue either. The closet thing I've found to what I saw in a video when a guy was fitting the rear pegs and had to remove the spacers, is a spacer from the 1299.

Item 46 in the attached picture, part no. 71614961AA. Does that look right for the 899?

At least it's not as bad as removing/fitting the rear pegs on a previous generation of Honda Fireblade I once had (2008). Practically had to disassemble the entire rear of the bike to get to them from the inside of the subframe.

Screenshot_20200802-105828~01.jpg

7. Yea that has to be the ones you need. On the V2 they are square whereas on the older machines they seem tapered however that is irrelevant to you.

I would order those in your situation.

And for TS, just a wild guess but maybe they hid the spacer under the heat shield?
    Not even sure if the bolts are long enough to accommodate that but removing on bolt and having a look is a quick and easy job. Otherwise just go through all your boxes and see if you haven´t missed them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The dealer has been great throughout the sale, so I'll call them first and mention I'm missing the spacers before I order my own, as it sounds like they are originally supplied with the bike, and they might sort me out.

If I had known about this beforehand, I would have asked them to remove the pegs as part of the sale, whilst it was going through their workshop, which would have highlighted it.

In the meantime, I'll just have to look like a chump with a rear seat cowl, but rear footpegs still attached!

• Like Like x 1
  9. My dealer removed them for me during the 1st oil service and supplied the spacers,

• Like Like x 2
  10. It's interesting with the 899 and 1199 rear pegs when you look at the parts catalogues. As the dealer is closed today, I've spent a bit more time looking at the catalogue for each model, along with the 1299, and only the 1299 one makes any reference to the tapered spacer and the fittings for the relevant exhaust shield bolt holes. The 899 and 1199 doesn't show anything for these exhaust shield bolt holes.

899 page attached for reference and comparison with the 1299 page I attached previously.

Screenshot_20200802-143919~01.jpg

11. Now I've finally had proper time to go over the bike, it was only delivered on Friday, the parts catalogue makes sense. The 899 exhaust shield isn't attached to the rear pegs and clears the pegs and underside of the bike by default.

Couple of photos for reference.

IMG_20200802_161639.jpg IMG_20200802_161846.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information