1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Rear Sets .. I Give Up

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by BB1000, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Ok so bought some giamoto rear sets and didn't like the feel so bought some ducabike sets as they looked similar to standard set up which is what I wanted .... Wrong .. these put my feet higher and slightly more forward so I now feel squashed up .... I give up .. think I'll stick with the boring stock ones .... Probably stuck with the ducabike sets as I doubt they'll refund opened goods :( aaarrggggg

2. I have Lightech ones which are adjustable- don’t the ones you have have any adjustability?

3. Yes they do but all settings are higher than the standard pegs

4. Sorry to hear that. Can you modify them to suit your geometry?

5. Mate if your interested I've got some cnc foot pegs which use the original bracket.

6. Not really lol

7. I'm 6'1" and have the Gilles VCR sets on my 1098. I find them very comfortable, especially mated to the higher Superpole seat. :upyeah: They have great all round adjustability.

IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3565.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks but I'm probably stuck with theses now

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi, you can get nice looking jack up plates but if you swap left for right, they become jack down plates. So you can use your Ducabike ones. J

• Like Like x 1
  10. OK sounds like an option .. Would you have a link by any chance

Thanks

11. I'll take a look and put up a pic of what I mean. J

12. Thanks ... Think I know what you're referring too though

13. Mine are Valter Moto. In silver or black. There were some for sale on the site a while back. Some retailer will have them. PDQ maybe?

14. Perfect...!

• Like Like x 1
  15. The best I found for the 1198 was MetalTech

[​IMG]

16. Cheers. They look identical to the ducabike ones I have

17. Shame they went bust... Liked their stuff.

18. If you want lower than standard, or even standard, good l;luck as rear sets are designed too lift and move feet forward or backwards.

You can get the pegs (just pegs, nothing else) on an eccentric which can be lowered, either on the standard pegs or lowers setting of your rear sets. Avanti @antonye used too do them, don't know if he still does, about £30 IIRC

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information