1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Shock!!

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by GDS968, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Looking to replace my rear shock rather than service it and was going to go the ie route as in 340mm eye to eye, but on a built to order one. I don't want to spend fortunes and so have narrowed it down to a Hargon shock sprung for my weight etc with combined compression/rebound settings etc.

My question is has anyone bought one of these that could give me some feedback before i commit!

I know Ohlins, Maxton and Nitron etc are probably better in terms of adjustability etc but they are all at least £250 more!!

Use will be road, more A and B with maybe the occasional track day.

Cheers

2. I had a Hagon on a VFR I used to have and they are good shocks. On the carby SS I have a Maxton, set up for my weight and fast road set up. It's a fantastic shock and Maxton are very helpful. I know it's expensive but it's money well spent. On the IE I have the standard Ohlins it came with but I prefer the Maxton. I can honestly say that any shock you buy will be an improvement over the Showa. It's a pretty basic piece and after many years of being on our bikes these units are very tired. A brand new Hagon will be a noticeable upgrade. I would certainly stretch to a Maxton or similar if you can afford it though, especially if you plan on taking it to the track.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information