1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Shock

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Andy800, Feb 4, 2019.

1. The rear on mine looks slightly lower than a few other RRVs I've seen (using the bottom of the exhaust to top of the rear tyre as a reference)
    I wasn't sure if the height was adjustable...

2. Raising the rear will certainly sharpen up the steering. But the beauty of the adjustable height shock is resetting it, which you might want to do if the bike starts to flop into corners.

TB

3. I had the suspension set up at Cadwell last season after having the front forks rebuilt. I remember the guy saying that the lower locking nut on the rear shock was loose...
    Definitely be interesting to see what difference it makes. I think recording the measurements of current set up is pretty sensible. Not something I want to be messing around with on a track day

4. I would ask around some of the race lads and see if you can get some info for the rear height. Alternatively if you ring Darren at MCT he will be able to give you good advice.

5. before simply winding out 3-5mm, worth checking how much thread you would be left with in the shock body. Without meaning to teach you to suck eggs!... also remember that 3mm change at the shock will be a bigger change when the linkage ratio is taken into account, so if using others settings make sure they reference whether they have a 'standard' linkage, or as standard as it gets with an rrv.

for some sort of reference, I was advised to lower the rear of my 848 by 3mm using the tie bar, the effect looked tiny but the bike handling is much better now.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Im certainly not going to do anything drastic tbh. The bike handles pretty well so I don't wanna fix what isn't broken but I am interested to see the cause and effect
    Seat height should be at 780mm but i'm not sure if that is at the centre of the seat.
    If I do adjust the shock I'll take it off and work out thread length :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information