1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Rear Splash Guard

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wiseric, Sep 7, 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Check this :)

[​IMG]
    Heimo

2. Thanks mate, just ordered one!

3. Be interested to see how efficient it is at keeping all th sh*t off as I might just have to get one ?

4. Got delivered yesterday (3 or 4 day from order) and I've just fitted it.

Well impressed with the quality, it's 3D printed and it looks like it will do a decent job.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #26 SteveE, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Having been to the BSB this weekend. I can't believe how much shit, and I do mean shit, because of the route my Prat nav took me is covering my bike. Does anyone know of a mudguard that actually guards against mud, suitable for my DVT.
    p.s. I don't care how ugly it is as long as it works.
    p.p.s. does anyone want some manure ? :confounded:

7. I must be missing the point of this somewhat ? This is solely to stop chain lube hitting your arse or rear seat unit right ? Cause it ain't gonna stop it hitting your wheel as crap will just spin of the bottom ? So, if this is the case, why not just use a no fling lube like Wurth dry, and save putting anything on at all ?

P1070852.JPG

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I found this old thread while looking to see if anyone else had pulled the splash guard of a Mutley.

I just took my splash guard off, principally to clean the drive chain as it seemed to have about an 1/8" wall of cement based grease clinging to it !!

I HATE dirty drive chains :mad::mad: ... so two hours and some very dirty hands later and the chain is now all clean, shiny and lubed up again with non-fling clear lube.

I have been selling motorcycle chains for around 35 years or so, it has always eluded me quite why some peeps lather mountains of lube on the outside of sealed ring chains - they only need just enough to protect and lightly lube the outer plates. The real lube is sealed inside the rollers and works away contentedly and invisibly. They do not need lots on the outside. Too much and it attracts dirt and grit and becomes a very effective grinding paste - as well as looking a pig.

I was surprised just how heavy the splash guard is..I try not to ride in the wet so I think I will leave it off. Its truly fugly anyway. There is way more chain guard on this one even now, than most bikes I have owned in the past ;)

9. Various people including the dealer said don't take it off or you will get mess all over your back, but I took mine off and ride in all weathers and have never any rain/mud reach my back, just plenty around the swingarm and under seat area. Also virtually no oil from chain flick. Motul chain lube works great.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HootOwl,
    Picking-up on one thing you mentioned in your answer above, "selling motorcycle chains", do you work for yourself or others and if so, what types of chain for a Mutli would you have for sale or indeed recommend?
    I'm thinking about changing mine soonish and your opinions would be welcomed and no doubt useful.
    Regards
    TonyN:upyeah:

11. I work for the UK's RK chain importer, formerly the DID chain importer. I have sold other brands too so know all of 'em really well, but I would go with a heavy duty sealed ring version of one or the other of the above. Both are really good.
    To get a bit boring: RK has now surpassed DID in its sealing ring options. DID has persevered with just the one type of seal which is a bit archaic now. RK now has FIVE different types of sealing ring depending on application.
    The advantages of that are that the chain is better purposed for the job it has to do. Their ZXW sealing ring system for example which is fitted in the top line RK sealed chains, has more sealing points and less rolling resistance than anything DID can offer.
    Basically DID has stood still for the last 7/8 years where RK has progressed.
    RK's 530ZXW in either gold or in black ceramic is what I will be fitting.

• Like Like x 2
  12. :cool: HO,
    Cheers for that comprehensive answer and for your advice likewise.
    Which outlet/supplier might I be best getting in touch with then for my 1260 Mutli?
    Regards and thanks again.:motorcycleduc::beer:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Honestly Tony, I can't answer that mate, my outfit wholesales lots of stuff into the trade but it's actually easier for me to source most of the stuff I need for my own bikes locally :) If I have to buy online, I will - but I also like supporting the locals too.

#34 HootOwl, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  14. That actually looks spot on.
    Does anyone have or know of some 5mm dome head bolts that could go into the holes once it's removed. To make it look a bit neater?

15. I'm a fair weather rider but kudos go out to those that ride in less than optimal conditions.
    I'm actually surprised by the lack of comments about the rear suspension responsiveness improvement which was immediately noticeable when that 2 lbs unsprung item is removed.

16. It does and the 1260 too.

17. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information