1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Rear Wheel Quality Issue

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AnyOldIron, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Clearly its designed to be close, but also to snug fit one plastic bit to another.

2. Well, arrived at dealer this morning and they wouldn’t let me ride the bike away. Concerned that something was amis with the rear brake line or the ABS line. So I spent the day blatting about Derbyshire on an X Diavel S with open Termis! Got back and spoke to service desk and it turns out that when the mechanic routed the Scottoiler feed pipe under the cover, it shifted the cover to the right and into the wheel rim. You would have thought he might have noticed that when finishing the job? Anyway, feed pipe now rerouted on outside of swingarm, which looks awful. Either they will have to reroute it or I will. They will have wheel refinished or replaced. So what have I learnt from this excercise? Don’t bother with the Ducati Branded Scottoiler. Better still, don’t bother with one at all. I have used them many times over the years and every time came to the conclusion they were more trouble than they were worth. When will I start listening to my own advice?

3. Never used one, all my mates in the trade say they are shit...

4. Have used scottoilers in the past but, have only used them on bikes that have been an everyday commute bike (not 5 minutes down the road) and those years where I spent more time touring than than being at home. For their intended use, they are quite good.

Apart from the above I don't tend to use an oiler of any kind but prefer weekly to give it a light oil as part of it's normal weekly check ups/maintenence

Glad your getting the wheel sorted though chap

5. I have used the NEMO II chain oiler too and thought it was a great little device. I was seduced by the idea of the Ducati Scottoiler by the salesman (when will I learn!). As the comment above, I remember a salesman at a HONDA dealer telling me the same thing, when bikes came in as P/X the first thing they did was to remove the Scottoiler and throw it in the bin! Still, it’s on now and other than rerouting the feed pipe from the ridiculous position the mechanic has put it in, its staying on the bike!

6. I had an oiler once years ago. Spent more time moppimg up oil on the garage floor than it was worth in chain life. And it was gravity fed so should t have..!

7. Aero, what's the plug you have in the swinging arm pivot ?

8. a scewingcap of a Agip permanent special coolant container

• Like Like x 1
  9. NEMO works on the principle of compression (3minutes/200km), the oil is displaced under pressure (it does not flow out by gravity, read instructions

Do Not Sell My Personal Information