1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear wheel removal

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by johnv, Jul 5, 2012.

1. in top trumps thats the winning card. this us all I've got

IMG_5114.JPG

IMG_5115.JPG

2. Have PM'ed you, may be able to get over tomorrow

3. Or, does anyone have the above Dewalt or Makita etc near Bristol that can help this guy out ?? Cheers in advance

Wayne

4. Thanks Wayne , ill reply to pm , but id come to you no need to travel, i can plug puncture and ride it. Ive put a call out to a friend who has a haulage business so I'm trying to get a huge lorry breaker bar. Ill be in touch if needed. Really appreciate the offer. I am letting out my frustration :) Thanks again very kind offer.

5. Regular soaking with lots of WD40?..............I have a 920mm breaker bar and steel tubing to extend that to about 2 meters! (Weston Super mud)

6. I can come out or meet half way etc etc, it's up to you mate, and is here if you need> my brothers Diavel was the same, huge breaker bars etc etc etc, and I popped over a little while back and span it off in about 5 seconds. So just shout if you need and I can pop over, be about 2 hours if you need.

7. Really appreciate the kind offers , I am currently soaking with plus gas fluid and will take andy up as I'm only in portishead so it s not far, if that fails Wayne I'll come to you. I am really grateful and don't want to put anybody out . Will be in touch shortly . Thank you. It's again I am really touched by the kindness

8. Quick update it's off now but took an oxy and a snap on impact tool and 20 mins . Thank you Wayne and andy for offers if you need anything I've got your most welcome one relieved owner

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nice one, would still buy the Dewalt for future use, as everytime you have a tyre changed, they use bloody windy guns to do them up, so it's a good investment. All the best
    Wayne

10. Make sure you grease the threads before reassembly. I've been removing/refitting my 916 rear wheel for 19 years and never needed a rattle gun to undo it, just a long-handled breaker bar for removal and big torque wrench for fitting...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Same here this was done at a garage 6 months ago as wayne says probably with a windy gun and dry. I shall be removing in future post new tyres and greasing and setting torque myself. Lesson learnt !

Well everything is greased to within a inch of its life and I've done the rear hub as well at the same time , so every cloud and all that. Got to say amazed at how many kind and helpful people are out there !

#71 cmyers_uk, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  12. Is it possible to set the torque on the Clarke impact wrench?

13. AFAIK, there is no way to set the torque (precisely). Mine has a three step setting, that is very draft and not recommended at all. This is why torque wrenches still sell.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information