1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Rearsets 1098/1198?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by RacingDuck, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Thinking of changing my rearsets on my 1198s, where to buy a new set? Any links, recommendations?

Thank`s.

2. I've got a Gilles set in black off my 1198SP if you want them. £250
    They had extra spacers made to fit perfectly.

3. Can you PM me some pictures?

4. Ok, I'll send some tomorrow for you

5. Using Driven

SANY0059 [800x600].jpg

SANY0061 [800x600].jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. I had the Gilles tooling on my 848 evo, they were brilliant.

[​IMG]

7. I stupidly bought TRW Rearsets, which are rubbish, look like a school boy metal work project, and the left side completely fell apart on the end of the long straight at Almeria during the second day of use. They weren't assembled using Loctitie, even though the manufacturer's specification advises this if you make any adjustments.

UK Road & Race, who I bought them through were total a-holes about it and refuse any refund.

8. image.jpeg image.jpeg I just bought these ! Carlos Checa limited edition ! CNC Racing :hearteyes:

#8 spickle, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got the rizoma rearsets on my 1098. Looks great and lovely quality but not the cheapest. Purchased from motorcycle-rearsets.co.uk

10. I went with Lightech.. The pic shows them with a Gilles footpeg because I preferred the shape. Great quality as always from them.

IMG_2075.JPG

11. Rearsets....... Something I have always chewed on about doing. Being tall I often thought a set could help with leg room on my 1098. Are there any budget options out there just to give a little more leg room?

12. GB moto do some decent ones and a bit cheaper than the others. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Thanks Bettes, I was thinking more of the adjustable foot pegs but they only appear to be available overseas order primarily hong kong. Has anyone fitted them?

14. I've seen plates you can get, so you can basically make your stock into adjustables. It should help (and be the cheapest route)

15. I used this on my ninja 250 and was quiet satisfied with it.

16. I bought and fitted the MFW Vario adjustable pegs last Thursday.
    Quite a long ride out Saturday and am pleased to report no leg cramp. Pretty simple to fit, good quality and fast delivery from M&P. I do need to adjust my gear selector down slightly though to suit the lower peg position. Thumbs up from me! Do fit them with with a squirt of screwlock/ threadlock or similar.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I also fitted the MFW Vario adjustable pegs, Got them on my 888, went for the 30mm but changed to the 23mm, There great,
    Bare in mind that you have plenty adjustment with your back brake, Gear lever shouldnt be a problem, Looks ok as well, Think LSL also do them now,

27661803_10212332121677476_162866979_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. The best ones are MetalTech ones if you can find a set imho. Similar to CnC ones above. Better than Gilles (have those on my 916).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information