1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rearsets for 1200 Multi

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Sprocket1397, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Thanks.....I think that explanation of the top mounting is probably what he's after.

.....you joined the forum yet Erik?!

2. #22 lioncity, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  3. Thanks.......photos of the DP rearsets ;-)

4. Here you are:
    IMG_2407.jpg IMG_2403.jpg IMG_2404.jpg IMG_2409.jpg IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

5. Aren't rearsets supposed to be set further rearward?

6. Yes it can adjust forward or backward really up to you. As you can see in the last 2 pics there's some small white dot level near the bolt of rearset. It is measure how far you can adjust. I think it can adjust up to 5-7cm

7. Me not being an expert and all that, but I would class these as being replacement footpegs with the facility to adjust fore and aft a bit. - No? :smile:

8. Hi, have just purchased the sameQ/S and would like to know how you managed to mount the lower swivel bolt on the gear link any info greatly appreciated .
    Cheers Davy

9. Hi Davy

I simply used a longer bolt to go through the quick shifter eyelet and gear linkage onto the gear pedal

I did however have to cut a little bit off the thread on the quickshiter to bring everything back into line, a bit off fine tuning and adjustment and its worked flawless ever since

10. Thanks for the reply, our Quickshifters must have different rod ends and looking at your pictures confirms this.
    Mine has smaller bore in the rod ends possibly 5mm yours must have 6mm so I’m now looking at changing both rod ends to 6mm so it would be possible with a longer 6mm bolt through the lower to the gear shift linkage and then with an adapter use the upper location as yourself on the crankcase I think.
    What’s the access like to the coils? Is there a lot to remove?
    Thanks in advance for any info.

11. Actually,

Now you say that I think I did change the ends (it was a long time ago 2010MY)
    I also used a tube and longer bolt on the top mount to crankcase to keep everything in line

Coil connectors are easy enough on the inside of the frame, removing the side panels under the seat gives enough access if I remember correctly

Hope that helps

12. Actually,

Now you say that I think I did change the ends (it was a long time ago 2010MY)
    I also used a tube and longer bolt on the top mount to crankcase to keep everything in line

Coil connectors are easy enough on the inside of the frame, removing the side panels under the seat gives enough access if I remember correctly

Hope that helps

13. Thanks hopefully will look the same as yours once fitted all parts on order now, cheers for the info.

14. Is the Q/S up gear only or does it have auto blip for down too. Only asking because i rang a few places to ask if they did one for the DVT but none did at the time.

15. Upshift only, no blipper

The kit I fitted was a universal kit, not specific to Multistrada

Do Not Sell My Personal Information