1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Rearsets

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by RK6, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Yes you do have to take the swingarm bolt out but it's not an issue the engine holds the swingarm in place allowing you to pull the end of the swingarm bolts out. To be clear, the swingarm is a steel rod that is internally threaded on each end. It passes through the rearsets on one side, through one side of the swingarm , through the engine, through the other side of the swingarm then through the other rearset. The rod will remain in tact and you will just remove the fancy bolts that thread into the rod on either end.
    The Gecko are a fantastic option especially since most pieces are flat and easily made at home should you break a part. It was a toss up for me between the RSV and the Gecko but ultimately I went with the RSV. They are made tobto order by a very small shop on Thailand. They are less expensive than the Gecko, are fully adjustable and the lever pivots are double ball bearing design (most others are bushing) which prevents twisting slop(ducabike, gecko,woodcraft are all bushing). I'm happy with them but they are not without the need to tweak to make them fantastic. They also allow for plenty of room for a conventional quick shift load cell. I'm using the Rapidbike QS with them. They were like $330 shipped the U.S.

20200525_152442.jpg

20200531_200636.jpg

20200531_201028.jpg

2. Awesome! thanks for the info!!! much appreciated....!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anyone know what size the bolt No 3 is?. I need to buy a socket to fit...!
    SWINGARM-Ducati-Motorcycle-Hypermotard-2017-Hypermotard-939-Hypermotard-939-43.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information