1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Not allowed phones on the forecourt

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Stupid rule :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Another reason I'm happy is my 1198 is ready at louigi motos aftr a major service and loads of other work. Pick it up Monday.

• Like Like x 2
  4. The reason being the fumes are flammable and the phone if it dropped on the floor the spark it may cause would be enough to ignite the fumes

5. Didn't myth busters prove that wasn't true?? @Ducbird

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Don't be silly :rolleyes:

7. Yes, and top gear :) but they were originally banned as some idiot thought they would combust on the fumes if used to make a call :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. And static discharge when people touch their vehicles is a far bigger risk of spark so what you really need to do is ban vehicles from the forecourt :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mythbusters only disproved the commonly help belief that the mobile phone signal could ignite petrol vapour. If you are an insomniac, try reading DSEAR, the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations and the precautions required to minimise electrostatic discharge in a dangerous atmosphere. Petrol vapour in the right mixture with air can be ignited by discharging to ground, less energy than the static charge accumulated by you getting dressed. If you have ever tried to light a bonfire with the help of an accelerant (petrol), you will know that it goes up with a bang. Don’t ask, I was part of a team asked to investigate a solvent (MEK) fire in the workplace. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. And I’m a slow typer so everone answers before me. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. It’s not talking on the phone it’s if you drop it as the tiniest spark when it hits the ground can be enough to ignite a forecourt full of petrol fumes

12. My phone got a plastic case round it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Now that I’m working in the petrol station I’m banning all of them rubber included I’m working with a bomb waiting to go off :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. That was a silly reason invented when the other silly reason had been ridiculed so they didn't have to change all the 'no mobile phone' signs :)
    What about metal segs in shoes, what about metal 20l fuel cans? What about anything metal like a bunch of car keys? Your health and safety people are the same as most others - idiots o_O

15. Have you banned cars yes due to sparks from static discharge? :thinkingface: this is the most likely cause of a spark on a forecourt :eyes:

16. What about the metal fuel pump nozzle being dropped :scream::scream::scream:

17. I rest my case m'ludette :innocent::yum:blush:

18. My day off today, that floor is testing.
    Steve

19. 9hrs sleep, first time over 6 hrs in a long time.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information