1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons To Be Grumpy...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Exige, Jul 29, 2018.

1. He was full of "You know"

2. "Oooh, I know!".

3. Leon Haslams right leg

4. My back is killing me today:(

5. Mine too :tired_face:

6. The Kango breaker packed up just as i finished the task:)think it might be the switch:(

7. What have you two been up to then??

8. Tough fence post/ toilet? :)

9. No the job was easy,,maybe a loose electrical connection/switch/brushes faulty,will look in to it:upyeah:

10. Ant,,Way too many bike rides out this year so this could be the problem or maybe just not match fit:thinkingface::thinkingface:

11. Builders getting Costa coffees for 10 mins, while leaving their vans at the fuel pumps..

12. Or even worse.. people pulling up on the pay at the pump units ,then going into the petrol station to pay. AAARGHHH!

13. Have a few of those :D

14. People who don’t know what their pump number is
    And those that hold the pump in their hand waiting for the screen to go to zero..... it doesn’t till we authorise it and I won’t be doing it while you have the nozzle under your nose :punch::mad:

#314 Ducbird, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Receiving a tender for a project that will be a bag of shit because the budget is flawed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Fuel attendants who do not authorise the pump immdeiately when I give it a click. Too busy scoffing all the picnics no doubt as theyve always run out whenever i fancy one. Grrr.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Painting a ceiling today and i dislike decorating fullstop:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Unblocking kitchen waste pipes, when you're underneath!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. So I've just rung the client's representative up to ask why he's sent me the tender at such a late stage of the game (Tender says they would be appointing the successful contractor in July 2018 for a November 2018 contract completion). Turns out that we weren't originally considered as they thought we were going to be expensive.

They are now having trouble getting their "preferred" cheapskate suppliers to quote as they can't do the work as they don't have the knowledge and/or expertise (which we have - hence why we cost more). I've told him to shove his tender. Politely of course. :)

20. Good for you. I hate it when people have unrealistic expectations from the start. It's nothing but an uphill battle and not worth getting involved with.

The job I was looking at and agreed to do has just gone elsewhere, after they said they wanted to go ahead with me. I'm really relieved as I kept asking myself why I was doing it. Obviously someone cut their margin down to a silly point. It will come back to haunt both parties come the end of the job.

I'm really happy, now I can get on with my own job which I should have been doing anyway.
    I don't have to face anyone else's shit either.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information