1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons To Be Grumpy...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Exige, Jul 29, 2018.

1. The hand-wringing of mainstream media. For 2 years now every news story has been a doom and gloom perspective on Brexit, interspersed with other bad news stories when they crop up. :mad:

Now 2 days ago, we were subjected to the full funeral coverage of an American singer in her 70's that nobody has heard of in years. Today, more of the same wall to wall coverage of an American politician in his 80's that 99% of the UK public couldn't pick out in a line up of old American blokes. :rolleyes:

Surely they must occasionally look for a story that brightens people's lives up. Has nobody resucued a kitten from a tree this week? :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Gutted Wayne58 has left us:(

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. He hasn't :)

Hurrah!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. That's made my day, good work there Mr troubleshooter:upyeah:

5. Wanting to leave The Forum, but not being allowed to. o_O

I thought this place was "The Forum" not "The Cosa Nostra" :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Went to the docs yesterday who sent me upto A&E, I had a leg complaint with pains shooting up and down one leg and lower leg specifically pain. A & E said we want to test you for dvt's, I thought that was odd, I thought this was A & E not a ducati dealership.

7. Welcome to the Hotel Cleethorpes. You can check out ... no, you can't.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. When the girlfriend comes round talking about updates and says she want's some smeg in the kitchen, my advice, ask her to clarify what she means before you do anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeh, and fuel attendants that don't know the law regarding what you can legally dispense into petrol containers :mad:

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. What is allowable in Law and what the fuel station policy is, may and often does differ from what the HSE guidelines are. Tesco’s policy limits you to 1 ‘can’, so 10 litres if plastic or 20 litres if metal. Sainsburys limit customers to 10 litres regardless of the material the ‘can’ is made of. Policy implementation will of course differ from premises to premises depending on how vigilant the staff are. You can’t win mate so just chill and go with the flow :) Andy

11. And remember to take your helmet off in case you suddenly decide to go full-retard and abscond with their entire stock of chicken & mushroom slices, don't straddle your bike in case you forget you're dispensing highly flammable liquid and decide to squirt it all over your hot engine (don't worry if you feel like splashing a couple of litres of diesel onto the forecourt though, that's cool). :mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. AND if you're a motorway service station, or within 10 miles of an airport, why not charge £1.60 a litre, just because you can? Your air must be worth £1 (payable only by 2 x 50p coins) surely? But please don't clean your toilets EVER though or keep toilet paper in there, because that would just be weird and probably attract gyppos. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Finally, if you're a Costa / Spar Petrol station (don't get me started on mongs doing their weekly shop at a leisurely pace while their car remains on the pumps... why ARE you a supermarket and coffee shop rather than a petrol station and why do you sell oven cleaner and wine when you don't sell bulbs, fuses, oil or anything else that you might need in a car or other vehicle?) and you sell me a toasted teacake, better not butter it for me but instead hand me an impenetrable wrapper of butter that takes SO long to open that the thing's gone cold by the time I've broken in, and flapped about with the thin ultra-snappable "knife" you provided... because "health and safety" AAAARGGGHHHHH

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. And breathe ........... Andy

15. Exactly my reasoning - my local Tesco allowed me 2 x plastic @ 5 Litre and told me it was the Law and not policy - I questioned if it was Tesco policy and he said not :mad: I went with the flow up to 10 liters and then went to the garage next door for another two :)

16. I feel loads better now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The dentist has just phoned and apologised as they charged me just £44.00 for a small filling top up this morning but forgot to charge for the examination a further £32.00,,but hang on a minute my gob was open at the same time so why the extra charge: unamused::rolleyes: tossers

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Wait till we have electric cars and they limit you to 6 AAA

19. Our main super duper computer is being fix and i'm on this shitty dog slow one:(

20. Trying to force a dump when you know the people are in today to gut and replace everything in the bathroom and you are trying to beat them before they turn up.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information