1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuilding The Legend!

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Sinister, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Here is a pic & the specs of the 848R from Ducati...it's safe to say that I have exceeded their specification list and more so...

IMG_2033.JPG

IMG_2034.jpg

2. So it was a "made up" one rather than an official one. Like my "anniversario" then :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nothing wrong with that... Or your Anniversario. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I guess but that bike was for sale for about $40K lol! If you build your own the way you want then it will be significantly cheaper than that list!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Here is the final pic of the front fender...All polished up, the detail is beyond my expectations.

IMG_6262.JPG

IMG_6265.JPG

IMG_6266.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. I admire the work and attention to detail that's gone into this but can I reserve judgment till I see the full effect?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  7. Im really excited to see this put together I think it's going to look stunning :upyeah:

8. If the engine aint 'R' then it aint an 'R'. :) Its an 'S'.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Or an "M". (Mongrel ;) )

• Like Like x 1
  10. Depends if a farmer owns it

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Or a pirate.
    Isn't the point though that there never was a production R model but you could buy Ducati performance bits to cobble your own together and that's what's been done here, allegedly ;) ??

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. What is on that list that I posted was straight from Ducati so hindsight I built my Bike and exceeded it, maybe down the road I will drop a bigger engine like a 1098 or 1198

The 1098R does have an 1198 motor in there from the factory so really is it a glorified 1098 or an 1198S?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I think you can call it what you like...it's your bike.

Anyway....when you FINALLY reveal the finished bike, I suggest you edit the thread title to include "The Big Reveal" or something so it gets noticed amongst the peek-a-boo pics that you have been teasing us with for, what, 27 years now?

Waiting with baited breath..

R

#253 RickyX, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Will do lol!

15. Finally getting the mids & lower Fairings sent out to me tomorrow...and they look damn good with the green, the parts with the blue tape is a guide for the 3M Mylox clear protective tape will go to prevent rock chips, road grime etc!

IMG_6326.JPG

IMG_6327.JPG

IMG_6328.JPG

IMG_6329.JPG

IMG_6330.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. Love that green

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. I just picked these pieces up from the post office today & I had to take a few pics of them in the sun...my 2 lowers, the tail fairing now with the Ducati logo on the end & the difference in the red colour from the new front fender & the old one, I am a very happy guy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Happy, but bikeless! Crack on and get it finished will you! :)

Looking forward to seeing it in one piece.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I should be getting the rest this coming week then by the end of it the bike should be all together

• Like Like x 2
  20. Michelangelo took less time on the Sistine Chapel than this!!

#260 RickyX, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information