1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuilding The Legend!

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Sinister, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Nice.
    What's that aircraft in the picture? I think it's a Canadian prototype nuclear bomber from the 60's?

2. Looks a bit like a TSR2...

3. Looks like...but isn't.
    I seem to recall that the Canadians made their own version of that type of aircraft but the Yanks were unhappy about it being so good so undermined the project so they could flog some of their own stuff to Canada.

EDIT: My bad, it was an interceptor: Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow and it was made in the 1950's. It was canned by pressure from the US.
    Sounds very similar to TSR2 debacle.

#283 RickyX, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. @RickyX , you are indeed correct - the picture is of an Avro Arrow.

Had a very similar fate to the TSR2 and the NA Valkyrie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. @Sinister where are you? We haven't heard from you for a while. We are waiting to see the finished Legend II. Hope you haven't crashed it!!!!.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hope all is ok

7. I am 95% done, as you all know that have after market carbon panels installed it doesn't quite fit perfectly so I had to modify some pieces for fitment, I am waiting until it is fully finished before I put up any pics...tomorrow it should be done & I also have a flight to Greece to catch as well lol!
    Well I guess that I can show a pic or 2 right now...the front is completely finished & all I have left to do is the tail & exhaust...

IMG_2278.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2292.JPG

#288 Sinister, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  8. I love it :) the clear covers are nice I like to see the workings

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The bike is now 100% finished...Woohoo! Too bad I can't ride it today because I am on my way to Greece for 2 weeks...I will get better pics when I return...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  10. Great plate :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Looks good mate :upyeah:

12. It does look good but the wheels are too blingy for me. I'd have toned them down to perhaps a champagne gold. But as I say that's just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. tbh I hate gold with a passion but well done for finishing what you started a doing what you want.
    I love the attention to detail and hope you get many many years of fun outta it.

14. Looks fantastic I am in awe at the skills shown over this build sometimes less is more but you pulled it off , enjoy ! Great work

15. When are you selling it?

16. I hope it's before he trashes it after he's done another 200 miles :)

17. Isn’t it being stripped and sold now due to a mechanical failure?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information