1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend Me Some Textile Gear

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by MrAliT, Jul 4, 2016.

1. I've had some Rukka for quite a few years and found them excellent. I would buy again.

2. :Arghh: I received the Dane clothing, which I have to admit I was quite disappointed with, especially the hardness and inflexibility of the protective inserts and the back protector, well it resembled a surf-board.

Really well made, but with no ventilation in the trousers either, something I overlooked, so my error, I decided almost immediately to reject the items and send them back to SBS.

I'm going to try Dainese Goretex D-Cyclone, so I'll see what I think about these.:Bored:

3. If you're up for spending Rukka money, you should look at Touratech's stuff (by Stadler). Or Stadler's own stuff. 10 year warranty and the design for bike use is way better than Rukka's. Plus, they take about 25 measurements before they give you the jacket and trousers so what you buy is pretty much made-to-measure while still being off the peg. If you like, you can actually pay a little more and have it made to measure properly. Hot weather in the Touratech suit is a joy, cold weather (-7 deg C so far) is toasty warm.

4. Where did you buy from ? Andy

5. The Touratech shop in Ystradgynlais in Wales.

Motorcycle clothing - Riding gear | Touratech Ltd

It's probably worth calling them and spending some time speaking with them if you're going to do an online order.

Here's the video that peaked my interest initially:

I've got the Companero but they've introduced 2 new suits since then. It seems a lot to spend but the quality is fantastic and the materials seem like they'll last longer than 10 years (plus they've cleverly made it so if you put on some weight, it'll still adjust to fit). You can wear the outer layer as a casual jacket/trousers when off the bike. And it's has many really intelligent design touches.

The only thing I would recommend is to get the black one because the yellow can get a bit grubby if you do a lot of miles and/or don't clean it too often (it is machine washable). You can upgrade to D30 armour too, as an option.

It makes a surprising amount of difference to how tired you feel at the end of a long day's ride when you have a suit that fits perfectly.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. My Dainese was OK, but the trousers always leaked. The Rukka is better designed and constructed.

7. Sadly, Dainese don't appear to do laminate Gortex trousers to match the D Cyclone jacket. Although expensive I do like the potential of the Touratech even with the BMW association :Bag:. Andy

8. I wear these with a Carve Master jacket.
    Silvermachine Dainese Pro Shop - Dainese Street Tracker Gore-Tex Trouser

They call it laminate but its not outer shell waterproof like a Rukka. Gortex liner, water repellent outer and removable thermals. Basically the trouser equivalent of the crave Master. Mine don't leak. But as already mentioned, they do feel clammy in the wet unless you've got the thermals fitted or some very good base layers. But all Goretx-lined (as opposed to true laminate outers - Rukka etc) are prone to that.

9. I've been offered a new (last year's stock) Rukka Armas jacket including a back protector for £800. I have a strong feeling that this is a bargain especially as it's an EU60 which I struggle to find in any brand. Andy

10. :confuse: I'm not sure you are right here, as I think the Lontran trousers are Goretex!
    I've ordered a pair and will check them out,

Cheers :upyeah:

11. The Dainese Lontan touring trouser according to their web site has a Goretex waterproof lining, the Goretex is not laminated with the material of the trouser. I'm sure that they will be fine especially if the outer material has any water resistance itself. Sadly my stuff has a good age to it so the outer material soaks up the rain like a sponge so when I stand up, all the water runs down the Goretex lining and out of the sleeve cuff or trouser bottom, drenching my gloves or boots. Andy

12. None of the Dainese gear is true laminate - that is to say, outer layer waterproof. They all have waterproof liners - Gortex being the premium line (or their own D-Dry which is essentially the same thing at a cheaper price) with a water repellent outer which needs washing and retreating to maintain its effectiveness.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Any tips on what to use to improve the water resistance of the outer material ? Clearly anything would be better than what I've got. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. :upyeah: Well contrary to what I had thought I would do, I've opted for Rukka, getting the kit from Moto-Legends who honoured their 10% off any 'live' price offer, when they beat my usual preferred buying choice, Sports Bike Shop.
    Regrettably SBS couldn't match this offer, so this time around didn't get my business.

I've opted for an Armaxsis Jacket and Armaxion trousers and wow! The quality oozes out of this clothing and the fit is absolutely fantastic, so my first thoughts are I've made the right choice here. I matched this up against a Dainese Goretex D-Explorer jacket and although this was a great jacket in many ways, it simply couldn't measure up to the Rukka, making my choice a 'no-brainer' :Cigar:

So 1st ride out in it this weekend when I take the Mutley in for a service and on with the new gear :). I can't wait, so thanks to everyone who made the Rukka suggestions, I listened to you!!:Banghead:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MInd your eyes when opening but I use this over leathers or textiles and have gone through some frankly biblical rain without issue. You can buy it as layers too. Not cheap but... Recommended.

IMG_1621.JPG

16. Guys,
    A question around what boots suit those riders wearing the Rukka clothing, as I'm finding the legs and the ankle closures in particular pretty tight, which with my preferred Alpine-Stars SMX-6 Goretex boots, are really hard to get on underneath the trousers at the ankles.
    I have been thinking about and looking at ankle boots, but I'm unsure about adequacy of protection, waterproofing and the like!

Any thoughts?
    Regards
    TonyMN:cool:

17. Daytona GTX roadstar

IMG_1710.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. What he says, daytona do a nice range but the GTX are my fav.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information