1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend Me Some Textile Gear

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by MrAliT, Jul 4, 2016.

1. :upyeah: Thanks for the advice on the Daytona boots, I made the move and I am really impressed, great quality, great fit and on first wearing, they appear to have been an excellent choice, so I really appreciate the advice.
    On another front, regarding the Rukka clothing choice. For some reason even though I've had the Armaxsis & Armaxion suit for a little over two months now, I hadn't actually worn it whilst riding, because I'd felt it would be too hot generally and for my next foray over into Europe in early June, when I'm heading to the Picos, and I couldn't completely decide if it was going to be the best choice, so when looking at the Moto-Legends website, I think I've found the answer!

They were advertising a new Rukka suit called the 4Air GTX, which I got them to put to one side for me to try at their recent open-day. When I put it on, it felt immediately right, the fit was right, but snug and with the option of an internal Goretex liner in both the jacket + trousers, it appeared to give me what I was looking for, the best of both worlds, fresh air whilst riding in hotter conditions, plus the ability to deal with the inevitable rain, so decision made and changed without any problem whatsoever, with the ML team, who were absolutely brilliant ....

First ride out on Friday in pretty cold early morning dull weather, with a Spada Chill-Factor base-layer and the suit was brilliant, the only thing lacking was rain, which I was actually hoping for to really test the suit, but then again.

So perhaps I've found the best option all-round, which together with my existing LindStrands / Halvarssons combination gives me coverage for most eventualities.
    ;):)

• Like Like x 1
  2. So Tony are you all sorted for next week now!
    Daytona boots, Rukka jacket and trousers, hopefully you've also got a flip up Schubert and then we can all match!
    (I take a Daniese mesh jacket for the hot weather as well)

3. Hi Chris,
    Yes I am my friend and looking forward to meeting up with you, the Ginger, sorry strawberry blonde, Ninja, Uncle Peter, and all of the other Mutli group, in the Picos. I'm not sure if Pilot Paul is actually coming along, or Graham for that matter, I seem to recall Paul had other arrangements.

It's only a little over a week to go, with my bike ACF50'd, new front tyre, serviced, etc., I'm ready to rock 'n' roll.
    I don't do Schubert, to be honest with you, but I know you really like them.

As the saying goes, 'you pays yer money.......'
    See you in a week or so and take care heading down on your preferred route.

Regards
    TonyMN

4. No Paul, but Graham is coming as well.

Not sure about the need for ACF50 - are you forewarned of bad weather (we've ordered the good, sunny, stuff), or is it going to be a rough sea crossing!

5. I always get my bikes ACF50'd as a matter of course, especially as I try to ride in the winter as well, albeit not as much as I might like to!
    As for the sunny stuff you've ordered, bring it on...........:cool::)

6. But did it leak Tony?
    Ok for the actual EMM, but it was damn wet beforehand.

7. :cool::cool::cool: Chris,
    Having arrived circa 3 days in advance of you guys, the weather was actually pretty foul, with lots of rain, fog and temperatures down as low as 10 degrees up in the mountains where we rode before the EMM proper. As temperatures rose to circa 29-30 on the Wednesday before we headed home from Potes, the suit also performed brilliantly.
    To summarise: The suit was perfect 'all-round' ;) :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information