1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations For First Track Day

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Guzz, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Brands Hatch and Castle Coomb are the closest of the selected bunch.

I was initially thinking of hiring one of their own bikes. But it's around £350, a set of fairings can be had for less than that. I'm not fortunate enough to have two bikes, so is it worth the gamble?

The actual transport of the bike from Plymouth to the track is a whole other story!

Thanks guys for all the answers, you certainly have helped me realise it isn't as difficult as I thought!

2. Castle Combe is a complete dump!

3. Yeah, I’d agree with that
    The noise testing is super strict too and very few bikes get through it
    It’s 20mins from me and I don’t go at all

4. Ha ha, it's those ridiculous new hay bale chicanes that did it for me. I made the mistake of doing a day in September last having driven all the way from Geneva. I had more fun on the drive back home!

5. Hi Guzz
    I know exactly where you are coming from and can only offer my own experience - for what it may be worth.
    4yrs back, like you, I didn't want to throw my P&J down the track, so bought an old (92) GSXR750WN. Tracked that for 2 years (in road trim) just to make sure that if I did anything stupid, I wasn't writing off my 748.
    After 2 yrs and no accidents, I took the plunge, bought some Chinese fairings (£200)/frame protectors (£120)/ bar ends (£25) for the 748 and have never looked back. I'm not with the fast boys and girls I hasten to add!
    I wish I had just done the 748 from the start.
    Had a low speed spill once (40-50mph) which annoyingly was a mechanical fault but the Chinese fairing and crash bungs did what they were supposed to do. BTW it seems some people love crash bungs, some hate them - usual internet contradictions apply!
    Can't speak for your local tracks ( being oop north) but I did a James Whitham track day once which whilst not very educational from a training perspective, it was extremely 'low-key' and very friendly as an early introducer

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information