1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended Tyre Pressure Different For Different Model/brand Of Tyre?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by dubcat, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Monster 1200 R comes with Supercorsa's. The manual specifies the following pressures.

Front tyre pressure: 2.3 bar (rider only) - 2.3 bar (rider and passenger).
    Rear tyre pressure: 2.1 bar (rider only) - 2.5 bar (rider and passenger).

I have just had Diablo Rosso III's fitted. Are the above pressures based on the Supercorsa's or are they the same for other tyres you might fit?

(If I'm riding with about 40 litres of clothes and other stuff, in saddlebags, would it make sense to up the rear pressure by about 0.1 bar?)

Cheers,
    Dub

#1 dubcat, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  2. It's different for different tyres but I'd imagine it's fairly close as sticking with same manufacturer.

Thing is, the recommend are for average person, on average roads riding averagely(?).....and probably an 8 stone Italian. Like suspension it needs to work OK for everyone, not great for you.

Most people find what they are happy with by playing with a few PSI higher and lower and see what they like.

I tend to get the pressure as I like while hot, then that evening/next morning go see what the cold pressure is and set to that for future.

Also, even the outside temperature will effect the pressure.

3. I’m not experienced enough to know what I like and don’t. What kind of things do you look for?

4. IME to high will feel skiddy, to low will be wallowy. A couple of PSI here or there you probably won't notice.

I'm 80kg and run 31F 34R cold PSI on my bike.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information