1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recovery Service

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RC1, Jul 26, 2020.

1. By a Yamaha or a Kawasaki like the cool kids :cool:

2. I’ve always used AA, but it’s important to remember to tell them you’re a vulnerable pregnant woman with kids in tow or you’ll either die of old age or your vehicle will rust away before they turn up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. [QUOTE Was recovered within the hour .. took the lad almost as long to get the bike on the dolly and would have been longer if I hadn’t helped.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience when the Chain snapped one afternoon on my old XL185 on the way back from Mablethorpe Sand Races. A recovery truck appeared in reasonable time, but he told me we would have wait for the next available AA operative to arrive as putting the bike on the dolly and winching it up the drop-bed on his truck was a two man job.
    We then had a short, sharp discussion as it was getting dark and frosty, ten minutes later the bike was on the truck and safely secured as per my directions, without the use of the bloody dolly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ok so it appears that some of the car services also include motorcycles in their definition of vehicles. based on past experience and recommendations i am narrowing the field to

- autoaid
    - GME
    - eversure

5. I had an immobiliser issue on an old VFR the AA bloke had it disconnected faster than a London bike thief rendering my bike ridable and stealable in one fail swoop.

AA came out to me in Wales just before lockdown after my campervan auto shift stick was stuck in park. After disconnecting a mystery wire from the solenoid (after jacking it up to check not gearbox/ pawl related) we established it was a captains seat not swivelled back into locked position properly... This AA man reconnected the wires this time.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information