1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reevu Helmet

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by bettes, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Just bought one of these as I’ve given up with the mirrors on the bike.
    (Sorry, don’t know how to post links)...

Anyway, the helmet cost £230 and turned up today. Fit and comfort feel spot on and the rear view mirror seems to work a treat. Obviously won’t be able to try it out on the road anytime soon but looks very promising.
    Has anyone else tried / have one?

45705DC7-7419-4BD6-8E26-CD3469F2E2B1.png 760DE287-0E9C-4582-AD80-4569F0AAC6DD.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. @bettes I had one a few years ago and at the time had a superlight and a moto guzzi breva. It was great on the guzzi with its upright riding position but on the superlight not so good as it seemed to need more effort to use the integral mirror , It seemed well made and was fairly quiet but it was a little on the heavy side. I`d consider one again so i`ll be interested to read your feedback on a new one .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. That looks very interesting - thanks.
    https://www.reevu.com/

"For best results, try helmet on outside on a walkway with traffic coming from behind. (Do not step out into traffic)."

#3 Jez900ie, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. They are based just down the road from me in Washington. I occasionally see reps handing out leaflets at local bike meets and they look interesting. As above, I'd love to hear how you get on with it when you use it in anger.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I looked at one a few years ago and tried it on at a show. It seemed fine but I felt it would only work well on a bike where your sat upright so in my opinion no good for a sports bike. But I didn’t take it any further so be interested in how you get on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’ll let you all know how I get on as soon as I can get out on the bike.
    Conflicting views if it’d work on a sports bike...
    Those who did reviews on the helmet who are sports bike orientated said they’re fine once you get used to them. Those who concentrate on cruiser type bikes said they’re fine upright but wouldn’t work on sports bikes. The mirror is adjustable both in height and angle so I’m hoping it’ll do the job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. Do they have a physical shop there mate? Just in case I decide to change the visor for a tinted one or change the inner padding for a better fit.

Cheers

8. Not sure. Their address isn't listed on their website. I think you probably have to go through the distribution network.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I think I read somewhere there was a showroom in Team Valley. The helmet I bought came from Consett

10. Maybe, but they are on the Meadowfield Industrial Estate in Durham.

There is a dealer called Hermod on the Team Valley that sell them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Cheers Rob!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information