1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Registering A Motorcycle After Purchase From A Dealer

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Mar 7, 2018.

1. I'm not questioning your capabilities in any way - just wondered out of interest at what point a manufacturer, or dealer, may deem a customers modification of a bike sufficient for them to invalidate a justifiable warranty claim.

With regard to buying and not registering, I recollect seeing some 'unregistered' bikes (MH900 evo's, Desmosedici's and SL's) pop up for sale now and again from the odd collection, so they are either still dealer stock, from another country that allows this, or there is, or was, a way to do it in the UK.

Mr Bimble.

2. I find it a bit weird that people are thinking about selling a bike before they have even bought it!

3. Topolino, I managed to buy the 1199SL back 2014 and waited until Feb '15 before registering it. However it caused huge issues and un-beknown to me the bike was warranty registered without my knowledge of the date. Fortunately I didn't have any issues, but was given a whole load of regulation BS about when a bike is sold, unregistered or otherwise that's when the warranty starts. Dealers will stick a No. plate on it regardless, despite you wanting to register it in 6 months time.

Yes I used the VIN no with the Insurance. I'd have a chat with your dealer and see if they can work with you in any way? If your last 3 bikes have been done with the same dealer, then maybe they can help? If not does your Website have a 'trading bank A/C'? You could always offset any depreciation in the Co's business A/C's. Just an idea.

4. My Speciale is being delivered to me unregistered. I simply informed the dealer that I do not want it to be registered as it is not for road use!

5. Is it not worth just getting a 2019 bike? I'm pretty sure subtle cosmetic changes will be made by the factory, if feedback on here is mirrored worldwide Ducati will have no choice but to address its appearance imo.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information