1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Regulator / Rectifier soloution

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Hutch, Apr 12, 2014.

1. I think others have put it under the seat but I personally avoided that as it is above the exhausts and has little air flow for cooling.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. If the mosfet runs cooler and trips out when too hot is it necessary to change the location?

3. I agree, probably no need at all, in my case after two Electrex failures I covered all bases with my final instalment with the shindengen.
    Steve

4. In the opening post Hutch mentions his ECU is now a DP one, and in doing so has got rid of the Ex Up. That looks to me to be the ideal place to mount the Mosfet reg so would I be able to do the same; my ECU is running the map that says 1198s Racing when I turn it on?

Going to move mine from under the seat as not convinced by the position.

5. Hi mate. Does your servo move when you turn the ignition on? If it says racing, IIRC, that's the termi map. Just pull it off and bin it! :)

6. Thanks, I'll have to go check. From memory it does sound like a servo moving when I turn the ignition on, not sure if it is that though, could be the fuel pump.

7. Unbolt the exbv motor to get access to the electrical connector. Unplug it and if you get no errors on dash you can proceed to remove it and the cables. The spring on the pulley keeps the valve at wide open.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It does move when ignition on. Does this stop me from doing what Chris suggests above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Not sure if it'll throw up an error code then. @chrisw can inform you better.
    He reflashed the map in my 848 for the full termi system so I'm not sure. Sorry!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Just reading Chris's post above... Just unplug your servo and see if you get an error code.

11. Thats what I couldn't quite work out, if it was irrelevant of it moving. I'll give it a try anyway. Thanks mate.

12. Ducati John made me a fancy bracket for my regulator while it was under the seat. Using this bracket the only place I can see where it will fit is as per my picture.

Not bothered how it looks but wondering if there is any downside to having it here - the plugs being exposed to rain coming up from the ground etc? Hopefully will be very good for air flow having it there.

Thanks.

IMG_2606.jpg

13. If I did it correctly there was one connector behind this unit so I unplugged that, turned the ignition and no error light on the dash. As i wish to do it now before I put everything back together (currently have the exhaust off) can i just snip the wires that lead down to each of the O2 sensors along the exhaust (but leave the sensors in place)?

Picture attached shows the connector in question.

IMG_2608.jpg

14. I'm convinced after doing this that the bike is now a lot louder, would that make sense or is it in my imagination?

15. Looks awful but airflow probably improved.

16. Constructive advice as always [emoji1303]

Actually, I am amazed how hot it gets and now having felt it would never put it back in the original position.

17. Airflow interrupted, cooling improved :)

18. The sensors have connectors too. I think they are on the R/H side behind the under tank panel. Better than snipping.

Ian

19. Moved it again, much better now I think.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hello guys !

Im resurfacing this matter as I would like to ask you for any known issues of using a mosfet with a lithium battery and/or the coils of the bike..?

I think at the moment Im facing an issue with my OEM rectifier which is placed in its OEM location as I found my battery to be completely dead.

Any knowledge on the matter of compatibility between R/R and lithium batteries welcome !

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information