1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Regulator / Rectifier soloution

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Hutch, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Quite a bit has been written on Lithium batteries. .. have a quick search under the word lithium on this forum.
    I've no opinion myself.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. @AirCon is being modest he has some serious reservations on them and is experienced on battery charger design etc:

He's also suffered a lot shit from other forum members telling him they have had no problem ergo: he does not know what he's talking about, which is wrong.

I'm an amateur/tinkerer but I think it's connected to the low internal resistance meaning these batteries can accept/reject charge quickly leading to high current = heat

As stated do a search there has been a shedload written on them. I've run a Shorai in mine and only got rid of it as I thought the battery was faulty, is wasn't it was the charging cable. I had no problem and others have run them without incident.

However AFAIK there is an increased of damage when using them especially with the standard reg/rec which is not the best piece of kit in the first place. Cannot comment on using a mosfet, I would think the chances of failure over stock RR would be reduced but not eliminated when running LiFe, but don't really know as I've not done it.

In the end it's a bit of a personal choice

John

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information