1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove Rear Foot Rests.... Or Not?

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Eeza, Oct 21, 2018.

1. I have the bike in bits at the moment and to remove the rear foot pegs could not be easier as u have a plastics free syndrome. I know once it's back together it's far from easy.

I can't decide if I should drop 60 quid on a new hanger or leave them in place....

What do you think.

I would never ask anyone to sit on the postage stamp pillion seat so don't really need them....

2. There’s your answer, if you are not going to carry a pillion, take them off but keep them in a box for if you ever sell the bike. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Get an Evotech hangar, makes the back end look much sharper. :upyeah:

The rear footpegs are a pig to remove when the bike is complete, so best that you make your mind up before rebuilding it.

IMG_46901.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. I came off my 748; and the rear foot pegs did an excellent job of keeping the rear seat unit from scraping along the ground.
    I must admit; I did it more than once. After the first time I kept them on; it must have saved me a fortune...

5. If you do drop them, bear in mind you'll need a pillion seat cover like in Robarano's picture. Come MOT time, if it has a seat it needs pillion pegs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Removing the footpegs is indeed a pain in the but, but why keep stuff on the bike that you don't need?
    What helped for me to get the left footpeg off was to loosen the bottom 2 bolts that hold the subframe and tilt the subframe up to get just a little better access to the footpeg bolts.

7. I don't have the original seat for the pillion, mind our lass would be less inclined to go for a ride on the SFS :eek:

8. I bought a cheap Chinese seat cover thing for MoT time. Cost a little over £20.

This was having bought bike used without rear pegs.

9. I always convert my bikes to monoposto, but accept it's a risk if I drop the bike...

10. Took mine off much better look. 20211225_122926.jpg 20211225_122751.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information