1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Blind Bearings & Refitting Kit

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by GunZenBomZ, May 9, 2020.

1. A bit beyond the means of a home mechanic, most bearings in an engine will have the running clearances calculated with the shaft fit.
    Not many bearings in bike engines if any, on taper fits using hydraulic nuts to set the running clearances.

2. Indeed. I just followed up on your mention of 1000mm bearings. Not many bikes use those either. You must have a big freezer!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I have one of these removal kits & in fairness it has always worked for me so good value for money from my point of view.
    I either use a suitable socket & my bench press to refit a new bearing or if necessary I machine a suitable bush out of aluminium.

Missed this very same kit on Ebay recently, it went for £163 or thereabouts, I was gutted !!

4. You just can't have too many tools in your toy room & despite the cost they are always worth it no matter what ................. unless the wife finds out how much they cost !!:joy: We should have things like this on display at all times, along with our bikes !!:upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 1
  5. I've got a Snap On dead weight hammer and a Sykes Pickavant slide hammer (far better quality than any I've seen so far in this thread) with attachments. I bought all of this kit "As an when needed over the years" as they sell all the parts separately there's no need to buy an expensive kit that contains parts that you'll probably never use.
    I've NEVER been beaten by any bearing both fitting or extracting using this kit, whilst using heat to complete the operation.

Steve R

Do Not Sell My Personal Information