1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Rear Wheel Nut

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by duc996bp, Jan 25, 2018.

1. do love this Forum sometimes :upyeah:

2. The Clarke one is great....use it with a Draper 55mm bi-hex socket (1098).
    As @Cream_Revenge says...watch out for the trigger as you don’t want to turn it the wrong way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. How do you get a VAT free code ? Signed up befor christmas in the hope they’d do something like that but have got nothing. Putting off buying the hydraulic lift until there’s a decent discount. Andy

4. I don’t know. I was buying from them before I started getting codes.

They used to come through the post, now they just come to my e-mail.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. The ckarke unit is 450nm, is that easily enough to remove the wheel nut on a 1098?

6. Or a Boeing 747 :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. If you've purchased from them before and your on there email list they send them out a couple of times a year, there's normaly one early April presumably the tax year end.
    Steve

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1

8. Ya beat me!

Always used the latest revision of the AMM to ensure that it is effective to your aircraft and up to date!

9. I feel so silly now. :( That should have been my 1st step. :worried:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. We really should have a 747 torque settings thread.

11. Don't beat yourself up mate, easy mistake to make. :rolleyes:

12. Torque settings......... Thread.... See what you did there :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Careful what you wish for....

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Got my impact wrench today. :) A quick plug in to check it works, it's got some kick when the trigger is pulled. :D

I defo think it's gonna flip the bike when I take the rear wheel nut off. :worried:

IMG_6230.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I am half tempted to get one of these. Please let us know how it goes in practice, and if it has any hidden drawbacks.

16. The threads on this unit go back a long way @Pete1950, I have been banging on about how fantastic they are for many years. It’s an essential part of my toolkit now and always will be.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information