1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Rear Wheel Nut

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by duc996bp, Jan 25, 2018.

1. iirc the elec cord smells nice!

2. Is that the girls version of the V4?

3. Indeed. So which model of impact have you got @Chris ?

4. Funny you should say that. I was thinking that I liked the smell in Machine Mart today. :worried:

The fresh smell of plastic, glue and a little oil. o_O

5. Thanks @Chris . I think this is the one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Clarke is a 1/2 drive - do you get an adapter for the 3/4 55mm impact sockets?

ie 1/2 to 3/4? Thinking of getting this myself:)

7. No adapter in my one.

8. One thing I like is the trigger mechanism. :thinkingface:

Pulling the trigger normally (i.e. pushing in the bottom of the trigger) turns the gun in a clockwise (tightening) motion. There is no direction selector on the gun, to operate anti-clockwise, push the top of the trigger in. This portion of the trigger is slightly smaller and seems more unnatural to operate. :) :upyeah:

9. Sry, I meant do you need buy an additional impact adaptor as the 55mm socket is 3/4?

10. only criticism (and it's a very small one) is that you have to jiggle the socket around a bit sometimes in order to defeat the sprung 'C' shaped retention clip before you can get it fully home. Works faultlessly to do a job I previously struggle with - I smile every time I have to use it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. yes, you are right:-

" Powerful impact wrench for heavy duty applications.

Ideal for engineers and garage mechanics.

1000 Watt, 230V motor

Max. torque 450Nm

No load speed 2200rpm

No load impact rate 3400ipm

Drives bolts up to a max size of M12

Bit holder size ½" square drive

Includes socket sizes 17, 19, 21 & 22mm and carry case"

12. Work well with crank/ flywheel nuts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Thanks- that's very helpful.... as usual I bought the wrong adaptor - now need to get it changed before they ship it out.

14. I have used my Clarkes impact wrench for a couple of years and it has never failed to loosen a nut. Bit unwieldy though.

And as I tell the guys at work, if your not going to use a proper impact socket then wear safety glasses. I have seen a socket burst. Not pretty.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information