1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Removing Rear Wheel...

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JoePeps, May 12, 2020.

1. Used my new breaker bar to swap the wheels today, turns out it is easy! On the paddock stands, foot on brake and just steady to not slip and take a chunk out the wheel.

Impact guns are for children!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Edited for you :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have a breaker bar and to get the wheel off I need to sit on the bike facing backwards, with the bike on the sidestand and me push hard on the rear brake. It’s any wonder nothing has been been damaged in the process. I am going to buy an impact driver

4. Get down the gym :p

I never have any bother getting mine on and off. I think I torque it to 230nm. I must say it does help doing it with the bike sat on a pit mat.

5. I always used a breaker bar personally.

They are pretty tight

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. If you feel the breaker bar is a little ungainly, then you can also get a custom folding wrench from Ulf at UHR-TEC.
    You will still need socket and torque wrench for refitting of course.
    CB2F1546-98D3-4D83-829A-6CB4318A64B2.jpeg C7AD2230-0D65-4875-8F1C-E3A7EAADD214.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Half the trouble is the socket rolling off the nut.

Get a machine shop to face off the socket, so it isn't so deep.

8. What torque does the nut need when re-tightening ?

RBW.

9. impact gun and torque wrench easy done

10. From memory
    approx 220Nm on the 1299. There is a tolerance of +/- 10%

hopefully someone else can confirm

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I go ~230nm :upyeah: I go 220nm then perhaps I need to nudge it on to fit the pesky nut retainer springy thing...

12. I like to tell people I only do it up to about 100nm, then people avoid me on track and don’t want to overtake incase my wheel comes off and takes them out. Makes me look way faster on my videos when no one overtakes.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I need the gym real bad!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Damn, I thought the 899 was high at 180nm (double sided swing arm).

Problem with these thread's is that I find out there are tools that I didn't know I needed.

RBW.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information