1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renewal Time

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Android853sp, Sep 3, 2019.

1. That time of year again and although I have a relatively acceptable renewal quote from my existing insurer through what was Ducati Insurance last year but is actually Wicked Quotes, I decided to make a few phone calls. Unsurprisingly of the brokers I spoke to, one didn’t want the business, one having contacted me, didn’t follow the contact up and one was unable to match my renewal quote. One broker however has just come back to me with an underwriter prepared to match my existing renewal quote and will include in the price, two things the renewal doesn’t have, business use (I’m still trying to become and IAM Roadsmart Observer and it is recommended you have business cover despite it being voluntary/charitable status) and an agreed value for the V4 (£38,500) and 1098R (£22,000). The broker is also happy for me to do a combined mileage of up to 12,000 miles pa. I did ask the question about what new business discounts had been included, knowing full well at renewal time next year, the premium would be hiked and the reply was none, the policy is bespoke, tailored to and underwritten just for me. Mmm, I hate change but the agreed value for both the V4 and 1098R looks to be a deal clincher. Andy

2. Asked the question about agreeing a value for the V4 and 1098R with my current underwriter and the answer was “not something I want to do” so decision made. I sincerely hope to never have to find out how good the insurance is that I buy but I can highly recommend Cornhill as a broker. I dealt with the same person at their call centre throughout the process and he seemed to be aware of the bikes and their significance and dealt directly with the underwriter. That said, I have been very happy with the service provided by Wicked Quotes for several years and will have no hesitation to go back to them if their panel of underwriters can provide the better cover in the future. Andy

3. At recent renewal time I followed the forum advice to ring BeMoto, who impressed me, so I left DI/Wicked quotes after many years.

4. BeMoto were the brokers who didn’t get back to me which was a bit of a surprise although I suspect given the Multi bike policy renewal quote that they were aware of, they might not have been able to match it. Adrian Flux, aka the current Ducati Insurance, actually asked if my renewal quote was genuine as they couldn’t get anywhere near it. Cornhill are the current IAM Surety broker so at least the membership fee this year has returned something. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information