1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Replacement Battery.

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by 999Mark, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Hi guys.

Just ordered a set of new cables from Exige.

While I'm at it I thought I may as well replace the battery as well.

Which one is recommended?

I was hoping to fit a 14 AH one but they all seem to be too big for the battery holder!.

Thank you in advance.

Mark.

2. Standard fitment Yuasa is where i would be heading - Halford's with discount if you have the trade card :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ^^^that^^^

just make sure when you add the fluids and tap the top down it's in properly or it can leak on it's side.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. ** Sandbags - check **
    ** Hardhat - Check **
    ** Air Raid Siren - Check **

I'd go for a nice lightweight Lithium battery if I were you and screw what anyone else thinks

@AirCon to the Lithium battery approval phone...

* runs and dives in to bunker :D:D:D *

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. ..which will mean you'll need a lithium battery charger also..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. You can use a non-lithium if it’s of the correct voltage

7. Shorai LiFePo all the way :)

20170625_134055.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thank you guys.

i am very used to Lithium batteries with my radio controlled aircraft so they don't scare me too much.

9. What is the Halfords discount on batteries?

I only recently subscribed so may be a wait for my card!

10. @Old rider maybe bought one recently :thinkingface:

11. MBTX12U MOTOBATT Quadflex AGM Bike Battery 12V 14Ah.

On the Bay at £50.

14ah and should fit.

Mark.

• Like Like x 1
  12. However you don't charge them up with a circuit designed for a specific sized Lead Acid battery.:rolleyes:
    That circuit may be placed very close to a hot exhaust and be working close to design limits.:bucktooth:
    It is actual going to take someone loosing a bike before my advice is heeded..... :mad::broken_heart::motorcycleduc:
    There are already members on here you have suffered damaged to their motorcycles due to the installation of Lithium batteries on motorcycles not designed to take them.

Ask the battery people.
    "I'm concerned that my regulator circuit on my motorcycle may overheat due to the fitment of your Lithium Battery.
    My motorcycle will cost £+15,000 to replace, can you offer me a written assurance that you will cover this?" :eyes:

PS
    I've not association with any battery manufacturers, just want to pass on my experience of what can go wrong.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. I would still go Yuasa standard fitment - similar price from Argos with the discount :thinkingface: better warranty as well...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  14. Here’s the thing. It will work and you should be lucky. But if you get a charging circuit fault you might not be lucky and it won’t be funny if it goes wrong. Is it possible to buy a lithium battery with additional protective electronics as part of the design so it can be guaranteed as OK to fit on lead acid charging circuitry even if that produces over voltage or current?

15. Not that I’m aware of but the Shorai batteries are Li-Fe not Li-po, or Li-Ion. So less to worry about as they will not burst into flames in the same spectacular ways as others on the market.

As with everything, it’s a personal choice and depends on what’s your most important buying motive. There is however too much scaremongering in relation to these batteries rather than offering a balanced view IMO

16. I’ve seen a picture of a Paul Smart burnt to a crisp by a Shori... :bomb:

• Like Like x 1
  17. I didn’t say it couldn’t happen. I’ve seen the mess first hand that a led acid battery makes when it goes wrong too.

The fact is neither are 100% guaranteed

18. nice of him to pick such a picturesque setting rather than somewhere inland.

I'll get me coat.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. You been near Gatwick lately hmm?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information