1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reve Racing 748 Recomission

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Eyespy, Jul 8, 2021.

1. great job so far mate, looking forward to the start up vid :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well that was an exciting 90 minutes in the garage….

Took a while to build the oil pressure (used wrong words in video) and had to top it up which is not really surprising as it was bone dry of oil.

Once that was sorted and I connected the ignition pick up it fired first time.

All the GT85 and the coolant I spilt made a shed load of smoke but it ran fine.

Mild panic that the thermostat was broken but the fan kicked in as I was about to turn the bike off.

Tyres arrive Monday as will the front wheel bearings and then it will be a case of popping it back together…

Sounds amazing and is going to look smart

#45 Eyespy, Oct 2, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  3. looks amazing and sounds epic

4. Got a bloody fuel leak….I reckon it must be from the main seal that I changed….

Ball ache but nothing major really….most important thing is to get it to be a rolling chassis so it can be moved.

5. Yep, pinched the seal….new one should be here tomorrow.

had a cock up on the front wheel….must have been some blast media in the thread and it locked a bolt solid and snapped and I made a hash of using the easy out. Grrrrrrrr.

Wheel is at FD motorcycles to get sorted. Andy there can sort most stuff.

Clutch is all within spec although the friction plates look to have hardly any material on but they are all 3mm which is fine. Springs are well within spec.

So left to do now..

Sort fuel tank seal
    Sort front wheel
    Clean all clutch components
    Bleed brakes and clutch
    Fit bodywork
    Chain and sprockets

E3196B02-0D48-4DD3-9C8B-C12D31ED7CD1.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. There's a knack to those seals, it's been a long time since I've done one but I recall putting a sliver of grease on the seal then the 3 bolts you slowly try and wind them down to keep the pump level, there's usually a bit of pushing on the seal to get it to seat properly.

7. Should be fine next time….thank for the tip

Well I bloody hope so anyway

8. Congratulations on getting it running. Hope you get the niggles sorted easily.

10. Fuel leak fixed
    Wheel fixed - Big Shout to FD motorcycles. They do amazing stuff

11. 0D44EC63-3080-4155-A620-A5040429C454.jpeg 0D44EC63-3080-4155-A620-A5040429C454.jpeg W

• Like Like x 1
  12. No!!!! I'm perfectly happy with my grey standard ones. Really, I am...........

(That looks great.)

13. As an aside my nearest and dearest dragged/took me to the Royal Academy Summer show in London yesterday. I spent more time looking at the workmanship/craftsmanship on that wheel than on most of the 'art' on display yesterday.

14. Glad to be of service

15. Blue? Blue??

Ducati are Red.

Possibly yellow, possibly black.

But blue?

16. Yes blue……A Marcol Moto official Reve Racing Red Bull replica.

one of 20 and (I believe) the only 748, the rest being 996’s. Got the cert of authenticity and even the t-shirt that came with it.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information