1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Rexxer For Multi

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by HyperMac, May 19, 2017.

1. found out that my Multi S , 2014, has meant to have had a Rexxer flash by previous owner. Guessing this will have been to address fuelling issue only ?
    Just wondering , as in touring mode the throttle can be quite snatchy. It's ok in urban , and not even too bad in sport , but find it sometimes to feel like it's an on / off switch in touring.
    Appreciate any feedback. And it doesn't detract from fact I still love the bike

2. Get it checked out. Some people have different maps for different things. Touring could have been set to 'best economy at motorway cruising RPM' and to hell with the rest of the range.

3. Thanks JH , think I have a bit to learn on the mapping side of things.
    It seems to have been carried out at a Ducati dealer in the past , do most dealers do Rexxer mapping stuff ?

4. Rexxer map will be on the "main" map. All the other modes do is reduce from that set map. It is unlikely (I am not sure even possible) it has a map for the different modes individually.

One other thing to note is that if you want to maintain the map you have to tell the dealer not to plug in to update software at services. Ducati do improve on the ECU side of things and occasionally the dealer will update at services. However, this will overwrite the Rexxer map if you have one.

Can you change the engine modes in each setting as you can on the superbikes? Does your "touring" mode have a different engine setting to the other two?

(the above is based upon the information I was given when my 959 was given a Rexxer map)

5. @nelly did my Multi's ReXxer map. It worked a dream, smoothing things out across all the modes. I'm sure he can confirm that for you.
    Neither of my main dealers do it.

6. Check what throttle setting is on it. May have HIGH on touring rather than sport, so it is more snatchy. :)

7. Yep I thought maybe that too , but after double checking it's set to Low on Touring

8. My 13 T/S was smoother in sport than it was in touring or urban ? And that was without a Rexxer.

9. Strange isn't it how touring setting is snappier.
    My missus on the back was blaming my riding skills when there were a few helmet clashes, but it is very tricky to get any smooth control at lower speeds. Wind on just a tad of throttle and the tap is open. So ease it off, bam , snaps off again. Something to look into certainly.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Apologies if this sounds dumb...what is a rexxer? My 2010 has a mivv pipe and decat and is OK on sport - leaps off the throttle! and urban, but rubbish on touring mode so would be great to smooth that out.

11. Had mine ReXxer'd at Ducati Mcr when I had the termi fitted. It came with a termi ecu but was found to be unusable. As a replacement ecu couldn't be found the original one was 'race' mapped, or ReXxer'd, so I'm told. I mostly use touring mode as it's just as quick off the mark and a little less snatchy than sport. Maybe you need to have it looked at?

12. I have a 2014 twin spark pikes peak, full termi with up-map. when on the gas it fly's but low down it's horrific, so bad that if i had ridden it before buying it i wouldn't have.
    so the plan is Rexxer or custom remap, i have spoken to manchester Ducati about the Rexxer and it sounds good, anyone had one done there? to be honest how Ducati have the neck to sell somthing that runs this bad is beyond me!!!!!!!!!
    on another note what temps do your bikes run at? mine runs in the low 60's same as my mates dvt, that to me seems very low. i blanked the bottom half of the radiator off and got the temps up in high 80's low 90's, in my opinion is where it should be? and it runs better for it. i love the way the bike covers ground and up in around settle and Hawes it desimates so called superbike's, but this sub 4k running is shite!

#11 DAVID PATERSON, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  13. Have had a TS and I do not recognise anything you are saying there. Mine was smooth and no problem below 4K revs, unless of course you are trying to pull 3rd or 4th at 20mph.

14. same spec as mine?

15. Mine was an S, 2013 twin spark so engine is, not sure why a can would make huge difference unless map miles out?? Heavy smell of fuel or anything?

16. Its got the full system not just the can and the up map that goes with it, smells a bit fuely at the bottom end, but spoke to other lads at devils bridge with them same spec and their's are the same,so it must be the Duc map is shite. anything upto 30mph i use 1st. I like the bike it just needs making into the bike it should and can be.
    i have 2 other Duc's a 996 and a 1098 both are smoother than this, my sp1 was a bit shit till i got the power commander on it, but they don't work as well on multi's, i had the sp1 out the other day and while its not as fast as the multi its a lot smoother right across the rev range. so as you can see im no stranger to twins, and have been riding since i was 10yrs old so 45yrs.

#15 DAVID PATERSON, Jun 12, 2017
  17. Totally amazed. I know the single spark was a bit rough around town but not TS of any variant

18. Out on the open road it's awesome, 14t front sprocket power wheelie in 3rd but bottom end is dire, riding the clutch all the time in traffic, so goin back to the 996 and 1098 what did ducati know back then that they dont know now?
    so has anyone got the Rexxer map with the full Termi system and what is it like? No point spending £200 just to have the same thing, id rather stump up the £500 for the custom map! also does anyone know if the Ducati up map knock out the o2 sensors? or are my sensors f**ked, no lights on to tell me so!! any info would be aprieciated.

#17 DAVID PATERSON, Jun 12, 2017
  19. Doesn't the system remove the sensors?

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. No they're still there, probly to con the authority's who knows? i think it runs to cool, like i said before i blanked part of the rad off and it gets up to proper temps, then if i pull a plug out its a nice chesnut colour , if i do it without the rad done and it's running cooler the plugs are very dark ie running rich.

21. There are a few on here running full termi systems who should be able to confirm one way or other @Franksie @AirCon I think run full systems.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information