1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Rh Pannier Damaging End Can

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by OtherbikesaBrompton, Jul 14, 2017.

1. The silencer bolt corresponds to a vee-shaped slot in the end piece. As you slide on the end piece it is guided into a specific location by the vee. There is no option as to the position (short of taking a hacksaw to it). That being so, what do you mean by "... simply unbolting the exhaust and straightening it ..." please?

2. Hey Pete, I've not tried this but I believe if the can is not pushed all the way forward, it can then be put on at an incorrect angle, but also to remove it, the bolt is loosened then the exhaust rotated to then pull off, so I guess it's possible to put it back on partially rotated ? Like I said, I've only ever put mine back on correctly, so am not 100% that's the issue, but looking at the pics he posted, it certainly looks on the cock compared to mine.

3. What you have just said would be right for the 2010-14 Multi, but is not correct for the 2015-17 DVT. The method of locating the silencer is different between the earlier and later Multis; the DVT silencer is not "rotated".

4. If you think about it logically, if the bottom of the pannier is located on the back of the footrest , it is extremely unlikely the footrest is bent, which kind of narrows it down a bit eh? Like I said, I'm not 100 percent, but it's 3 Allen keys to remove the end can cover , and have a look, what harm can it do ? With the cover off, should be easy to spot what's what eh? I have had my can off twice for tyres and both times its gone back on straight, perhaps yours is not?

5. Just checked my bike and I've got a load of clearance .... As Wayne58 said, it does look like something's not straight on your bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. It's still under warranty so I'm going to await the dealers response before attempting any adjustments.

7. Did you get a positive response under warranty? Mines exactly the same and the damage has gone from a tiny nick to something noticeable now. I’m going to call into my dealer tomorrow to show them and discuss it.

8. Had the same problem and cans replaced today UNDER WARRENTY :upyeah:by Ducati Peterborough.

9. What was the problem? Did they explain what caused it?

10. They didn't but it was pretty obvious that in use, the metal cover on the pannier was bumping the cans. Here's what it looks like fresh from the workshop:-
    [​IMG]
    Here's what the damage looked like prior to repair:-

[​IMG]

Sorry I can't help with the reason but, hopefully these pictures and the result with my warranty repair will help your case . Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good. I have just contacted Snells to ask them to do the same for me.

12. ... and Snells have already promised to fix it under warranty. They say they have seen this before, so it is a known fault.

13. Woods have also said they’ll order a new End Can and get it sorted. They also spent 5 min adjusting the current exhaust to put it where it should be to prevent further damage. It’s onviously not a hard fix and now there is loads of clearance.

14. Well it’s booked in for next Thursday for the new end can and the coolant hose recall under warranty. While it’s in they’re going to fit a high level zumo mount for me. Guess I’ll need a demo bike for a few hours, there’s only so much coffee I can drink.

15. Lovely new exhaust fitted with loads of clearance to the pannier heat shield. Thank you Ducati

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information