1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rideouts Or Meets In North Lincolnshire?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Ben Mallinson, Apr 3, 2016.

1. As per thread title really...

Any members meet or go out for a ride out around this neck of the woods?

I often take a ride out to Willingham Woods and some of the Lincolnshire Bike Nights on a Wednesday. Just wondering if there's any from this forum currently meet regularly and if not, anyone interested in doing so??

Ben

2. North Lincs = Grimsby :)

3. Technically Grimsby = North East Lincs but certainly near enough for me ;)

4. I'd be interested from here in South Yorkshire

• Like Like x 2
  5. Not too far apart then Shaun, will give it a short while for any other local ish owners to express interest should they wish then we can maybe start getting something organised.

Will be good to meet some more owners and have a proper nosey around some different bikes :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I sometimes visit friends in Ulceby, next door to Guy Martin's home village of Kirmington.

I don't come on the bikes very often though :(

Yes, I realise that this post could be eligible for the "About as useful as men's tits" award. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Couldn't agree more!

Seriously though, Ulceby isn't far away from where we are (Burton-Upon-Stather), some great roads round our way too! Give me a shout if your heading down this way with the bike and if I'm home and free then we can meet up if you like :upyeah:

8. No problem Ben. I have been down on a bike a few times and with the good weather around the corner, I might soon. :upyeah:

9. Bump...

No more Lincolnshire, East Riding or South Yorkshire folks interested??

10. Unfortunately am from Grimsby... This is my 1st post and only register today but only i read this forum for Ride Out n Events & WDW i felt it wasnt necessary to join up for any other reason as this caters more for the Southerners as i tend use DuN... I rarely visit Willingham woods just like Squires, Matlock, Cat n Fiddle, Hartside, MFN etc etc. Maybe 1-3 times a year to all those places mentioned, if i can bike all year round (the bike tax yearly not 6mths like most folks...

If you cant find many ppl to ride with then you get hold of these ppl...

You may or may not know this... I did abit of digging and suprise you havent or wouldnt be here asking, plus am suprise one the guys am going to mention hasnt replied to this either... A guy called Chris aka Dutchy916 on here runs the Yorkshire Meet every 3rd Tuesday of the month at a place name '' The Goodmanham Arms Google Maps the owner is Italian and there a couple bikes in there.
    Though it could be every 3rd Wednesdays there emails going round it could but not definate... thats 7-7:30pm onwards usually 5+ ppl more come when it warmer... I usually attend this one, its just somewhere to go...

The next guy is call Steve, unsure if he uses this website but he runs the North Lincs branch and his runs every 2nd Tuesday of the month in the evenings and that is at Royal Oak Inn Google Maps to be fair ive only here twice...

11. I am in Lincoln,
    only able to get out on the bike Mon - Thurs evenings. enjoy the roads out from the east of Lincoln - Bardney/Wragby/Rasen.
    if the weather holds off tonight l am going to try and get up to the Red Lion at Redbourne on the A15 for the first of the Lincolnshire Bike Nights.
    Events | Lincolnshire Bike Nights
    wouldn't mind a meet up to say hello - l am on a red 748 mono
    cheers

12. I recognise your 749. I saw this last year at the Louth Bike Night, unique looking colour scheme! :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1

13. I only got back from work last night :/ probably just as well given the weather we had here in burton!

Had a run out through to Willingham Woods this afternoon though. Got caught in a heavy shower about five miles from home too :/

Would be good to meet up at one of the bike nights though! We just need this weather to improve a bit lol

Ben.

14. That will have been you then... :)

image.jpeg

15. It most certainly was me
    What were you on? I did see two duc' at the entrance to the pub but was dying for a pish and a coffee, next time l looked to see who they belonged to they had gone.

16. It was chilly with high probability of rain so I took the executive decision to come in the van and have a pint, feel welcome to decry me as a fair-weather motorcyclist! :tearsofjoy:

I saw that there was one near the front of the pub, might have been an 848 I think, some kind of fancy paint job on it. I didn't get to have a nosy as it legged it quite early on.

Your 748 looked nice, I do like the earlier logo look, have so far resisted the mono conversion but yours looked well.

17. Been keeping an eye on the forecast for Wednesday and even though initially pants, starting to look better as we draw nearer... Hoping it will turn out nice for a ride out to Willingham & Nettleton with swmbo & father in law.

Anyone else planning a ride out? Would be good to say hello.

Ben.

18. Away with work this coming Weds. Hoping to get out to a few later on, shall try to coax Father out on his too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. away on Wednesday so wont be able to make it over to Salutation at Nettleton.
    weather looks ok atm for Thursday eve - are there any meets on around the Lincoln area on a Thurs?

20. Not aware of any organised meets on Thursday but may be worth checking what time the cafe at Willingham woods shuts as if open I'm sure there will be a few there.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information