1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rider Aids?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Indeed.
    What you’ve never had, you never miss

• Like Like x 1
  2. I generally have most things on the 1000 turned very low.

The only thing I really don’t like is abs. Especially corner abs. It just doesn’t work on track.

3. Below a certain speed say 20mph, the cruise control speed saving should automatically switch off. I've accidentally hit resume on the odd occasion & found it rather exciting* (*emphasise*; in a positive or negative fashion to your current mood).

4. Like you get in a car?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You should experience 'resume' in a 40+ ton lorry when you accidentally rest upon the steering wheel button. :(

Sorry @DanSS600 thought you were referrencing the cruise-control

6. Yes some top brands have experimented with Night-vision & Thermal-vision systems in their central console displays.

Quote; Night Vision Assistant was introduced in 2010 on the Audi A8. It uses a thermal imaging camera behind the four rings at the front of the car which can "see" 300 meters (984 ft) ahead. The display in the instrument cluster highlights humans with yellow markings.

#26 GunZenBomZ, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  7. A radar in other road users vehicles, so when they get to a junction and it senses i’m approaching it applies their brakes as hard as fucking possible until I’ve passed

• Like Like x 2
  8. Which car have you got it in @DanSS600?

Prehaps you didn't know... well you'll be bemused further that since 1993 teleportation has been real.

9. Simply use your mirrors!
    ;)

10. A V twin is all the rider aid I need.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ...and you own a 900ss,Lol

12. You don’t want get that again!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. That’s one of the reasons I sold my M1200 Derek, too many things that if they had failed I’d not have the knowledge to fix, that said I replaced it with a Thruxton 1200 which has pretty much the same amount of eletrickery.

14. Yes but I’ve had my elbows surgically altered.

15. To be honest in my day to day riding it seems that none of the electronic aids are ever used, unless you count skyhook. And talking road riding here, I did have a blast on a bike with anti wheelie, cornering abs etc. I thought the braking in corners assist was very clever and useful if needed, generally ABS I have on minimum as I trust my technique over ABS system, defo get a shorter braking distance without it. Traction control only comes on when I’m overtaking in the wet and going over paints markings. I hate those silly cornering headlights. I can go on.

Now don’t laugh, but I would love my bike to lower itself a bit coming to a standstill making it much easier to get my footing as I have a gamy foot. Would love a heated seat and mirrors(mentioned by Gunz). I’m sunrises bikes don’t yet have a built in sat nav screen.

Wow this is very therapeutic!! I think all we need as safety aids are bloody good (lighs)headlights, ABS , as already stated we will be introducing new riders to very powerful bikes that can get you into a lot of trouble very quickly and they will not be skilled in the art of riding a bike, controlled skids, wheelie/stoppers etc etc. Time for a break.

• Like Like x 1
  16. [QUOTE="michel couque, post: 1769477, member: 23351] Now don’t laugh, but I would love my bike to lower itself a bit coming to a standstill making it much easier to get my footing as I have a gamy foot..[/QUOTE]
    Kind of does as you can just flick the switch and drop it in urban mode ;)

17. Kind of does as you can just flick the switch and drop it in urban mode ;)[/QUOTE]

yes I use that but I’m talking more lowering.

18. yes I use that but I’m talking more lowering.[/QUOTE]
    Stop next to a kerb, works a treat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I find rider aids on modern bikes work pretty well. The one I’m sceptical about is this blind spot one on the new Multistrada. I’ve never found that a problem on a bike, a car or obviously a van yes but not on a bike.

The one I’d really like though is ‘paying for it aid’.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 0% pcp ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information