1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rider Aids?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Considering how slow most people are actually going on the road it wouldn't really be a problem if you are semi competent. The bikes now have far better tyres, softer more manageable power deliveries and much better stability and handling than the old sportsbikes with far less power. And people didn't die the minute they looked at them.

And if you are running semi slick tyres in the middle of winter on the road, and trying to go at the same speed you do in summer you really shouldn't be relying on electronics to save you from your own stupidity.

If you are out on track pushing the bike then the traction control/anti wheelie etc will make for easier, more consistent lap times. I've never seen how this translates into a more fun road bike myself. I prefer a bit more interaction/wheelies and the likes. But if it makes people more comfortable the that's good for them.

2. Most of this stuff is designed for the masses and generally in my opinion focussed on road riding despite what the glossy brochures may say.

I do genuinely think it's a good thing on the whole. You can after all usually turn it off or down to the point you wouldn't even notice it if you so wish.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. This ^^^^^

I'll take any rider aids that manufacturers want to give me and I'll adjust them to suit as and when necessary :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I think if one has the resources to deal with malfunctions, electronic gubbins are not a (purchase) issue. Not necessarily gonna make you a good or safe rider tho.

5. You will have malfunctions btw.

6. yes and no... take the new Multistrada V4 . Now I would love cruise control but I most certainly DO NOT want the radar shite that come with it and CANNOT be switched off.

7. I want a SMIDSY detector and warning system, sadly I think other ‘aids’ will be added first.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information