1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riders Cardiff - Closing 10th November

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Simon Audi, Oct 11, 2018.

1. That's another reason now not to buy a Harley, M&P Gorseinon have a bad reputation regarding their workshop. Can't see it being any better in Cardiff.

2. Shame.

Although I must admit I didn’t have the best experiences with the Bristol and Cardiff’s branches. Not negative, per say but they just weren’t very positive open, when discussing Purchse and PX options. Both times it felt like a fairly “cloak and dagger” negotiating process so I went to the Blade team at Oxford/Abingdon, who got my custom instead.

3. Wow. This is shitty news. Feel terrible for the staff I got to know there Craig, Steve and John :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I didn't need another reason! ;-) :-D

5. Not the Steve ?
    Feel sorry for Craig and John though, but Craig's come out if it ok.

6. Is that the same as Craig's that do the mx bikes?

7. Well, speak as you find and all that, but Steve was always great when I dealt with him. Craig is a super-nice guy so glad to he’s come out Ok. Can I ask how? Is he with them in some other capacity?

8. Craig's starting around the corner in the soon to be opened Harley shop.
    I found Steve personable but you do know the reason behind his and Russel's departure don't you.

9. Oh good for Craig! Re Steve...umm....no...

10. Do you really know or are you guessing? You may not want to blurt something out in public on the internet.

11. Steve is stealing hub caps from Tesco car parks. That may be a different steve.

12. Steve the sales guy left a while ago... working at Maserati in Cardiff... or was..

13. John ( service dept ) couldn’t be more helpful, but £320 for a 2015 multi service??????!!!! ... basically an oil & filter, brake fluid change & tyre pressure check ...I mean WTF !!
    Left my headlight beam high & didn’t tension my chain, also everything was full RRP in the clothing dept, just not good enough in this competitive day & age of retail
    My warranty is up now, so I won’t really have the need to go to main dealer Ducati
    But all the best to the staff, wish them all the best.

14. I bought my Multi from them and they therefore used to give me a 10% discount on bits and bobs I bought from there. I often had to gently "remind" them though :) You're right about the service cost, it was pretty brutal. I used to get my official services there for warranty purposes but anything small (like tyres, chain & sprox etc) I'd take to a local bikeshop. John was always very helpful and his wry sense of humour appreciated. Hope he's found another good opportunity somewhere. Particularly crappy timing with Xmas coming up :-(

It was a bloody big operation in Cardiff - two floors jammed with bikes, parts, accessories, mechanical servicing, a little cafe, probably 10-15 staff in all. I don't know how many bikes you need to shift to pay for all that AND turn a profit but it must be a hell of a lot. Too many as it turned out it would seem :-(

15. Talking with the Sales lady who replaced Steve - she said they would sell 40 to 50 a month (probably a mix of new and second hand) - and the workshop through June to October had a 2 to 3 week wait.

So not sure its was down to just profitability....

As others have said ... they had some issues and complaints ... costs etc... but I am sure that was not it either... from what I could tell they had some issues with BMW..... so lost / would loose the franchise... and the Ducati only sales were not enough to support... M&P opening around the corner also would not help....

So probably a mixture of all things together.....

Going to Bridgewater or Bristol for Service will be a pain... but not much else you can do...

I did finally receive a letter from them introducing the change and telling me I would be supported by the other branches ..

Hope all the Staff find work.... as you say John / Craig / Katie / Pal / Mark were all helpful as was Andy who moved to M&P a few months ago.

16. I was told but I won't repeat it here.

John believe it or not, is the gentleman riding the motorbike through the window in Billy Idols white wedding video.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Didn't M&P in Gorseinon recently open a BMW franchise too? I suppose that's close enough to bugger up Cardiff BMW sales. Must be an opportunity for someone to start a solus Ducati dealership in South Wales now, no? Or to add that on to an existing dealership?

18. Fingers crossed, I've still got a year and a half on my warranty :worried:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information