1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ridiculous Criminal Charges

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by oldtech, Mar 30, 2020.

1. its the porch thing aint it? if you drive porch you must be on the phone at all times....

2. If I do rove it, I’d probably know :confused::punch:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. did you get caught C?

4. me? on a phone while driving? never dude.. seriously it is something i would never do.. i dont even answer the phone when im indoors unless i recognise the number and feel like talking... im not a trained monkey that jumps every time a bell rings... im old school!!

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Burn her!

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. A vegan dobbed her in for killing fruit

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. nothing would surprise me now..

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ...loitering with intent to use a pedestrian crossing

9. My crazy mate Bruce used to live in Walesland and reckoned in their village if you were picked up drunk on a sunday you could be charged with failing to turn up for archery practice!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Fined for not being seen at camouflage classes.

11. Prosecuted for watching the kids shouting, jumping and hopping around in the park.

I explained to the court I was using blanks.

• Funny Funny x 1

12. Hold my beer....

I’ve defended someone accused of theft of an abandoned dead car battery which had been left out for the bin men but they had refused to take it.

One of my colleagues had a case where a teenager was on trial for assault by soup and criminal damage (of a blazer) after he had jokingly flicked half a spoonful at one of his mates in the school lunch hall. However, the CPS dropped the criminal damage charge when it turned out that the soup had not stained the blazer.

But my all time fave was when I had a client who was subject to an ASBO which prohibited him from “walking in an anti-police manner”

#32 Zhed46, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Unbelievable. You could not make it up. Got any good judge bloopers?

14. That is actually a genuine offence contained in an obscure Victorian statute and if injury is caused, you can get 2 years for it under the Offences Against the Person Act 1861. IIRC a guy got 18 months for it a year or two ago after he knocked down and killed somebody and was very lucky to have been acquitted of manslaughter, which was the first count on the indictment. I’ll see if I can scare up a link.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....wanton-furious-driving-pedestrians-death/amp/

#34 Zhed46, Apr 2, 2020
  15. Yeah thanks, I know it’s a real offence but it’s so arcane. I’d picked that up from Singletrackworld forum ages back and has stuck with me since. Always hoped in my road cycling days to be charged with it :).

Yes I recall that case, in my opinion he should have been convicted . Although on the flip side a mate of mine just stepped out in front of a cyclist without looking as he heard nothing coming. The cyclist wasn’t best pleased my mate ended up with a broken collarbone and other more minor injuries.

I’ve sat on a jury trial found it really eye opening in all sorts of ways, imagine if you will 12 members of this forum agreeing with each other........

16. He's not far off the mark, you could be prosecuted for not attending archery training, and apparently it was legal to shoot a Welshman with a bow and arrow if found in certain border towns after midnight.

17. Too many to mention but not many I can mention on here. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. upload_2020-4-2_9-45-13.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. #39 Zhed46, Apr 2, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. I’ve sat on a jury trial found it really eye opening in all sorts of ways, imagine if you will 12 members of this forum agreeing with each other........[/QUOTE]
    Pushing the boundaries there I think.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information